Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Do you think my Tia has any recent wolf content ?

Most definitely She is adorable
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
How strange - why did you respond to me so nicely then?
Yes & as normal you ignored me & did so anyway.
Ben is a stunning dog & i felt only "right" as youd gone to the trouble, that i should reply. You will notice that i didnt reply to the others.

I actually do not really agree with PMs, anything that should be said , should be said on the forum imo.( Unless its alittle bit of a bitchy sl*g off)

& to your other PM point that i havent answered, i will quite happily , repost Pms , if someone is silly enough to send me them in relation to a forum topic. Ive done so in the past with various other members.

Ben is gorgeous totally stunning, with a dear kind face, the fact that you use the Ecollar on him makes me want to cry/be sick.

& yes the reason i like him because he does have a litt;le "collieness" about him.

I don't want to turn this into an even more slanging match than it is, but there is one particular person with a wolf cross who doesn't like the fact that she has company, whether she likes it or not!
Oh get a grip, i think you are the jealous one here, jealous of HER dog rather than ur Wannabees

No, Eddie never told me that she used Cap. I heard it "on the grapevine" and had it confirmed to me by this person you used to work with Eddie - and lived at the farm.
Oh mixed matings all over the place probaley & as Eddie never kept records who is to work it out.

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
No - it is a recognised breed of DOG.

ETA.... from these posts - I am not sure she is the one who is jealous....
nail on head

So it may be - but it is a recent wolf cross, far more recent than the GSD.

No no, I am not jealous at all ... not much. Her dog is BLOODY LOVELY!! I would LOVE to have a CSV, but the house is overfull. Who wouldn't be jealous of her gorgeous dog?

But unlike me, she cannot bring herself to say anything nice whatsoever about my boys, she just has to keep snapping and sniping at every opportunity, which gets very boring and extremely childish. Look at all that fuss over Hal's hip scores. She thought she was so clever, she never believed that I had had Hal's hips done, and I had to DRAG an apology out of her by PM. You might all think that I am the wicked witch of the west, the lowest of low, but NEVER do I not admit and apologise when I know I am wrong, I am graciousness itself when I end up with egg all over my face because I have misread a post, misunderstood it, or whatever. I am by no means Mrs Perfect, but I believe I am always reasonably polite ... a particular person earlier on this evening made an extremely unkind remark about my not understanding Ben's post about electricity, and it upset me more than I can say.

I am really sick of this, and won't bother to try to turn the other cheek - I am called a liar more times than I care to think about, the flack I have received over the e collar at least is understandable, and I have taken that on the chin and continued to try and explain WHY and what we have achieved. I have accepted that with reasonably good grace, but no-one deserves to be abused and ridiculed and made to look like the village idiot because they don't understand something.I will continue coming on Dogsey because I have always learned a lot from it and have made several good friends, yourself included, but I just won't put up with being abused any longer, so I will say goodbye on this thread now. I have no idea how to do it, but I will find out and start my own blog so that I can continue to report Ben's progress, or otherwise
Give it a rest, fishing for sympathy now or WHAT!
You are very unpolite at times, you can dish it out lady, infact i think you love it.just because you can stick a long word into a post dosent make it "polite".
Thats ok, im never polite, but dont play that card

The electricity post was explained extremley well, even i understood that. & i am so anti science its untrue.

YOU" abused any longer"?????. Its your dog thats abused, not you.
This is just words on a forum.
What you doto that beautiful dog imo is realife abuse.
Feel sorry for your dog not yourself.

Usually at this point i say "oh please dont go, dont worry, awww" but.......

I THINK you are living in a world a little removed from reality, some fancy notions & have no idea tbh.
Enjoy it there but dont expect others to understand(because its in your head!)
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Do you think my Tia has any recent wolf content ?
Not sure about wolf but a good 20% Mogwai in there I think
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 08:36 AM
If this thread wasn't about the sad fact that some poor dog has been given electric shocks in the name of "training", & probably will be again, I thinks it's absolutely hilarious Some of Gnasher's posts sound like the sort of arguments, threats & flouncings off you get in a kindergarten playground
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
If this thread wasn't about the sad fact that some poor dog has been given electric shocks in the name of "training", & probably will be again, I thinks it's absolutely hilarious Some of Gnasher's posts sound like the sort of arguments, threats & flouncings off you get in a kindergarten playground
That is the sad fact IMO.

For some reason - Gnasher feels her dogs are 'different and special'.

IMO, everyone's dogs are special.

To say your own particular dog is more special than anyone else's is a huge insult IMO, and that is how this she comes across.

The dogs are SO special, they do not respond to learning theory and training like everyone elses.
So extreme measures have to be taken.....I find it horrid.

The whole lot, the lies, the 'training' methods, the fact the story changes depending on who is being told about it.
No credibility left.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Gnasher wrote

but no-one deserves to be abused and ridiculed and made to look like the village idiot because they don't understand something.

If you don't understand something research it----use it on yourself (with honesty) and then make an informed decision looking at all the circumstances---not just the aspects that suit you.

You have done none of these things so I think the cap fits.

rune
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Gnasher wrote

but no-one deserves to be abused and ridiculed and made to look like the village idiot because they don't understand something.

If you don't understand something research it----use it on yourself (with honesty) and then make an informed decision looking at all the circumstances---not just the aspects that suit you.

You have done none of these things so I think the cap fits.

rune
Yes agreed ~ and the fact is that the vast majority of posters have tried their best to explain why ecollars are wrong from so many angles ~ scientific, emotional, ethical etc ~ so there seems to me absolutely no reason why Gnasher doesn't understand everything that has been posted here. It's been explained in lots of ways that most children would probably have grasped where we're all coming from now, let alone adult experienced dog owners!

So unfortunately "village idiot" is all that we're left with!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher
?

I am by no means Mrs Perfect, but I believe I am always reasonably polite ... a particular person earlier on this evening made an extremely unkind remark about my not understanding Ben's post about electricity, and it upset me more than I can say.
Give it a rest , and stop play the "poor little me card"! you are more than capable of upsetting others when you feel the need, either through PM or on the forum, so dont go portraying yourself as Miss polite personified...

Originally Posted by Gnasher
I am really sick of this, and won't bother to try to turn the other cheek - I am called a liar more times than I care to think about, the flack I have received over the e collar at least is understandable, and I have taken that on the chin and continued to try and explain WHY and what we have achieved. I have accepted that with reasonably good grace, but no-one deserves to be abused and ridiculed and made to look like the village idiot because they don't understand something.I

The problem being though Gnasher is , you frequently treat members on her as the "village idiot" time and time again, with your referral to your oh so clever hubby, and if he says it , it must be true, after all he is the eminent scientist, so what would we know about anything,

You use him to try to belittle forum members at the drop of a hat, time and time again.

So pretending to NOT understand Bens post, and needing to run it by Hubby to clarify her explanation, was nothing more then another "he knows best" jibe from you.

Don't play the "upset card" your far to tough an old bird for that one

The problem is you keep giving others the bullets to fire your way, with your "stories" and versions, (depending on which way the wind blows) its no surprise people are fed up with it all . add to that your e.collar abuse of Ben, is not going to gain you friends!
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Gnasher I'm no expert but from the photo's I've seen of Hal, Ben & Tai I can def see collie in there. Beautiful dogs, all of them though! I see collie in my own dogs, more so the smaller of the two, not only in look but in the way he stalks. He's also the dog that wore an e-collar in his previous home & reminds me a lot of your boys.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Gnasher, true noone deserves to be made to feel bad because they do not understand something

However you have posted on here about electricity and shocks, you posted these things as if they were facts
So another person may believe that the collars only give 'static' and only use 'voltage' and not electricity

Repectfully I ask you not to post these kind of missleading things if you do not understand what you are saying

Please take the time to find out the truth before shocking your dog again
and I am sorry to say if it was your husband who told you these unscientific facts then I would either have to assume that he does not understand either (and needs to refresh his knowladge) or he is patronising you to push forward his use of the e collar
Either way what you had explained was wrong
Page 25 of 42 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 > Last »