View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 01:14 AM
I'm wondering about brocolli too. Bella adores brocolli stalks - raw or cooked.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2013, 01:14 PM
What an excellent guide to raw feeding. Will re-read again. Do you mind if I copy and paste into my own notes?

I have been feeding BARF for many years, but always willing to learn and add new things.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I'm wondering about brocolli too. Bella adores brocolli stalks - raw or cooked.
My dogs do too, and I have been feeding them for years, but no to excess.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Cabbage, Broccoli and Cauliflower are fine in small amounts but you might need a clothespeg on your nose as they can cause pongy bottie burps in some dogs.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Cabbage, Broccoli and Cauliflower are fine in small amounts but you might need a clothespeg on your nose as they can cause pongy bottie burps in some dogs.
No clothes peg needed in my house - for the dogs that is. Now hubby.. - that's another thing.....
maxi/toby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
thank you this has helped alot!!
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2013, 08:27 PM
What a great post, loads of info, love the pics too...well done
Andy Brown
New Member!
Male 

26-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi, Thanks for a great guide.
I've moved all my 5 over to a full raw diet from a Skinners complete meal but am still experimenting with quantity’s, is there a weight/activity to food quantity guide anywhere? I would appreciate the help, I have 3 young working cockers and a springer (they do work/train regularly) and an active pet cocker cross.

Also has anyone got any experience/advice on using a good quality mixer with the raw as the cost of feeding 5 is a touch steep and any help without compromising the dog’s wellbeing is gratefully received?

Cheers all
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2013, 04:27 PM
You don't need a mixer with raw, you would be amazed at how little you feed once they are fully grown, the rule of thumb is 1-2% of bodyweight, and you adjust that to how the dog is looking, and poo watch as well as that is a great guide to if you are over or under feeding. I do bulk my adult girls' meals out with grated steamed veg as they do so well on raw that if I gave them just the meat they would be onto the Cruelty
Andy Brown
New Member!
Male 

26-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for that, it's reassuring to hear I'm on the right lines :0)
They are pooping less than on the complete and it's stiffer but I expected that.
They have always had raw but I used to mix it (just mince) 50/50 with dry (I know I know ! I've stopped now ) and they used to get a couple of times a week lamb ribs or turkey necks.
The last 3 weeks they have been 100% raw with chopped veg added to one meal.

The quantity in the bowls is the notable difference and they have list a little weight but I'm ok with that as they do pack a little on following the shooting season but I didn't want it to carry on, well I wouldn't have let it but worried I'd be spending a fair bit extra to up the amounts.
I'll get the scales and calc out and work out the % , I take it it is a daily figure so if they get two meals a day I can feed 1/3 of the daily amount in the morning and 2/3 at night ?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >