Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2008, 08:40 AM

Just met a mad guide dog.

Just walking ours and saw a yellow blur shooting all over, so I call mine close as I could not ID it from the distance and carried on walking, we got closer and his walker called him over and he came over had a sniff of mine before being told he can play again and off he shot.

It made a change seeing a guide dog in a different setting other than work. And even though he is due for retirement he still could give Skye a run for her money.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 09:34 AM
awww lovely

we ha d guide dog that came into the pub on saturday

munched its way through atub of mayonaise while the owner was paying, couldnt say anything i was laughing too much - her hubby was just there like omg im so sorry - we were like - ah its fine!

sucha lovely dog!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 01:22 PM
A friend of mine has a black lab guide dog who is so sensible when she has her working gear on but as soon as it comes off and the collar with the bells goes on (so she can hear where she is) the dog goes mental!!

It's so nice
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
awww lovely

we ha d guide dog that came into the pub on saturday

munched its way through atub of mayonaise while the owner was paying, couldnt say anything i was laughing too much - her hubby was just there like omg im so sorry - we were like - ah its fine!

sucha lovely dog!!
My friend told me there was a chap with a guide dog who had someone come over from the Guide Dogs Association to see how he was getting on (as they check up) and while the blind man was buttering bread and putting it to one side, the dog was stood with his paws on the work top taking slices that he'd buttered!

The person who had gone to check on him told him what his dog was doing and he just said 'ah! I thought I seemed to go through a lot of bread!'

queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 07:05 PM
o brilliant good for him ,lovely to read as you dont really get to see them in a park setting do you
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 07:45 PM
I can speak from personal experience on this one...Guide Dogs, at the end of the day are still dogs and are still nutters. They may be good in harness but they all have their quirks....so many stories, so not enough time!!!!!!

A Guide Dog owner had to phone me to ask if his dog had a liking for socks as he had counted his and there was one missing from the day before. I had to tell him 'oh yep' and bingo...2 hours later the sock appeared again in a pile of vomit....
The same dog regularly enjoyed a nice roll in fox poo...nope they don't all smell of roses all the time!!!! They are still dogs at the end of the day and when the harness is off, they have fun...infact when the harness is on they enjoy it too, or they wouldn't do it.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
o brilliant good for him ,lovely to read as you dont really get to see them in a park setting do you
Yes. I see LOADS!!!
You just don't always know.
At the end of the day they are dogs...without a harness, why wold you know they are a Guide Dog?? Not all of them are walked by their visually impaired owner.
The other day we saw 3 in the park...that was an unusual day granted...but still...