Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 11:23 AM

Healthy Pets Insurance?

Their gold cover for both my dogs together is £11.04, which is less than I'm paying for Archie alone at the moment.

It's a life time cover and seems to be as good as Argos and Halifax, the other two policies I've been considering.... but cheaper.

Has anyone experiance with these guys? How long have they been up and running for? (Don't want to get caught out with price hikes like M&S did to me!)
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I just did a quote for my two Borzois and it works out at £44.20 for the Gold Policy for both. This is almost double what I am paying with More Than at present for £2,000 less cover and £30 more in excess. So for me it is not feasible.

I think I will stay with more than at present.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 08:17 PM
More Than quoted me £9.50 each for my two.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I've been with them for about 10 years. I've claimed a few times and they have been prompt with payment.

I pay about £23 for two dogs.

Helen
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I have my two insured with healthy pets also, I pay £16 per month for the two of them for gold cover. (Lab and ESS)

Haven't had to claim yet (touch wood )
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 03:16 PM
It doesn't look like proper lifetime cover....it's very vague about it.
Proper lifetime cover covers a condition for life...up to an annual amount...so £3000 per condition per year....
This policy looks like it pays up to £3000 per condtion over the lifetime of the dog

What is the maximum Veterinary payout per year?
We can pay up to the policy limit (£1000, £3000, or £5000) for each condition. There is no limit on the number of conditions in a year.

Am I covered for ongoing conditions?
YES - Healthy Pets will cover you for ongoing conditions up to the maximum benefit of your policy (£1000, £3000 or £5000) subject to you renewing your policy with us and premiums being paid up to date.

Do you cover pets for their lifetime?
We will cover your pet for its lifetime up to the maximum amount of benefit for each separate condition. (£1000, £3000 or £5000) subject to you renewing your policy with us and premiums being paid up to date.

(from the FAQ page

Its the last question that makes me wonder if it is proper lifetime cover? Or am I being slow...it could well be the latter...
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback on this one guys, much appreciated.

Ailsa,
I think you are right! Thanks for pointing that out. I look at so many different policys that my head starts to go round and I miss things like this!! Who do you insure with?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Thanks for the feedback on this one guys, much appreciated.

Ailsa,
I think you are right! Thanks for pointing that out. I look at so many different policys that my head starts to go round and I miss things like this!! Who do you insure with?
i know what you mean!
We have just done our insurance today. We've done it with Petpals for Cosmo but we did it through VIP, who do the insurance advice in Dogs Today. Their number is o845 601 8575. Tell them the cover you want and they tell you the best deals they know of.
We have taken out ifetime cover, think it's up to £6000 per condition per year, plus all the other extras you get. Its steep though at 21.36 a month! BUT Flat Coats are prone to cancer, a lot occurs before the dogs are 5 so we need to have the best cover we can possibly have, the next best policy was with Petplan...but it was more expensive and had less cover.

I wasn't sure if it was just me with the policy you said about, I've read up about insurance policies and lifetime cover a lot recently and it just seemed a bit vague.It could be me though so you may be as well giving them a ring????
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
i know what you mean!
We have just done our insurance today. We've done it with Petpals for Cosmo but we did it through VIP, who do the insurance advice in Dogs Today. Their number is o845 601 8575. Tell them the cover you want and they tell you the best deals they know of.
We have taken out ifetime cover, think it's up to £6000 per condition per year, plus all the other extras you get. Its steep though at 21.36 a month! BUT Flat Coats are prone to cancer, a lot occurs before the dogs are 5 so we need to have the best cover we can possibly have, the next best policy was with Petplan...but it was more expensive and had less cover.

I wasn't sure if it was just me with the policy you said about, I've read up about insurance policies and lifetime cover a lot recently and it just seemed a bit vague.It could be me though so you may be as well giving them a ring????
Thanks for the phone number Ailsa. Sounds like a great idea. I'll give them a call on Monday, I'm just getting organised for a weekend away. (House is so quiet right now; no kids and no dogs around!!)

I noticed only now on a thread I had here in September, someone else pointed out the same thing (for some reason I didn't get an email of the reply. ), and it reads the same way to me. I'd say you are right about the Healthy Pets insurance. Crafty way to word it!

I'm def keen to get proper lifetime insurance for them both and I've left it way to long to take out a new policy for Willow. At least Arch is still covered with M&S for now.