Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Pebbles, Staffie x, DOB Nov. 09 - Basingstoke, Hants

Pebbles, Staffie x, DOB Nov. 09 - Basingstoke, Hants

Homing Requirements: Pebbles needs a home with either her mother, who she is currently living with, or another dog. She needs to find herself as she has never been separated from her mum. She also needs basic training and lead training. She has grown up with toddlers, other pups, her mum and cats.

Her Story: Pebbles has just left her family home with her mother as they weren't wanted anymore. She has been well treated, but her potential not fully appreciated. She and her mother spent a lot of time in a large crate in the dining area. She needs help to discover herself as an individual. Pebbles is spayed, vax'd and chipped.

Advert: Pebbles could have been called Bubbles. She is a delightful character, so desperate to please and so ready for fun. She needs to discover life, but on a social level she is fluent with people, children, cats and dogs. She needs confidence being walked on a lead and to find her sense of self-independence from her mother.

Pebbles is just a pup really. She has had her mother's calming influence and her fosterers are discovering she can settle when walked alone or left whilst her mother is on a walk. Oh but how excited she is when she returns! Pebbles isn't going to be a rolling stone … she is going to become stable and statured into a beauty to behold.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-08-2010, 08:15 PM

Lynne met Pebbles and her Mum Jess. She is such a lovely dog so good natured and enthralled with her mum as her main source of activity and identity. They play together with or without toys and she is submissive and cheeky and her mum lets her get away with so much but just that, and no more. She loves people and dogs and is a delight to behold.

Pebbles is waiting for her forever home ... could it be with you?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-09-2010, 08:30 PM
An update from Janet (one of our volunteers):

"Our group walk to Frensham Ponds

We (Jayne, Kate, Leslie, Martin, Wendy, Olwen and me) decided to take some of the kennel dogs out for a little trip – so we went in a 5 car convoy, expertly lead by Kate, to nearby Frensham Ponds. I think we created a bit of a stir with the regular dog walkers there – I overheard a few people comment on the size of our group and a couple with a very small dog actually stood (at a distance!) to watch and listen as our dogs decided to become a very noisy and not very tuneful canine choir while we tried to eat our lunch ops: ops:

Apart from a bit of a girlie squabble (dogs, not walkers!) we all had a really good time and it was good for us to see how the dogs interacted with each other and with the general dog walking public, who were out in force yesterday.

Pebbles came out to play with Milly, Bonny, Spice, Cassie and Stan (Starsky)

We wondered whether she’d be ok without her Mum (Jess) but we needn’t have worried – she was no trouble at all.

She’s a very bouncy, happy, licky young dog and when I was driving, all I could hear from the back seat was Mum saying ‘I don’t need my glasses cleaning again’ She wriggled a bit to start with, but settled down draped over Mum’s knee and enjoyed the ride.

A lady (who'd just lost her boxer) came up to us the minute we got out of the car to admire her (RR business card handed out!!)

Pebbles was strong on the lead to start with, but settled down and my Mum was then able to walk her. She was a bit on the clumsy side meeting the other dogs, but got along with all of them.

She fell asleep on Mum’s knee on the drive back to the kennels and was overjoyed to be reunited with her Mum.

Here is the lovely Pebbles:

Pebbles and Milly preparing to dive into the Lake at Frensham"!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-10-2010, 08:39 PM
An update from two of our volunteer dog walkers ...

Tony:
"I took Pebbles out seperately from Jess to give Jess a little break. Pebbles was a little fire cracker to start with. But it doesn't take long for her to settle down. Once she's trotted along on the long lead for a short while the fire-cracker burns out.

Well, after the initial rocket launch Pebbles was walking very nicely beside me. She kept gently nudging my hand with her nose and licking it. I stopped for a little while to work on her sitting and laying down, which she was very good at. She seems so very eager to please. I just needed to tell her not to jump up a couple of times and she listened to me and didn't do it again. A horse and cart came past us. I told her to sit and she was very good until they had passed by and I gave her a treat. Then she just rolled over and wanted her belly rubbed. I obliged.

She would settle down very nicely in a stable home of her own. She just needs an outlet for her puppy energy (doesn't take long for her to settle) and some time spent with training as she would really enjoy it. She seems so very keen to please. I have a real soft spot for Pebbles after today".

Gemma:
"Pebbles is so much fun! She came out with Janet, me and Fin, Kate and Bonny, Jayne and Cassie.

Pebbles is full of fun and can jump so high, I love this dog!

She got on well with everyone out walking and provided a lot of giggles - here are some pics".

Pebbles, Bonny and Cassie

Janet and Pebbles

Cuddles!

Being a good girl!

Pebbles is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from some TLC in a foster home until her forever home comes along. Are you able to help her?
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2010, 08:54 PM
What great photos, she is a beauty. Good luck with finding her a forever home, it would be so nice if that could be with her mum as well.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Delighted to report that Pebbles is now happily homed in Essex!
Closed Thread