Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chorkie Lover
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2009, 03:30 PM

Toxic Plasmosis? please help!

Hi my chi x yorkie called bruiser went to the vets yesterday as he was foaming at the mouth and obviously concerned me alot. He had his last jab last friday and all was ok up til yesterday. Went to the vets and they said he was ok looked normal. Then last night he had 2 more fits and this morning had 2 more and so I rang the vet and got him in this afternoon. The vet actually saw him have a fit while there which was a good thing really, he foams at the mouth, shakes his head but doesnt lay on his side or anything like that. He had sarcoptic mange from when we got him and that has just been treated and all cleared up now and this happens!! Anyway, the vet took blood and said it could be a worm or it could be worse, could be neurological which means not much can be done, although if it is a worm than he can be treated. He is only 12 weeks old and we are all devesated as we all love him to bits! Waiting for the blood test results on friday so gonna be a hard 48 hours!!

Has anyone else seen these symptoms before in a young puppy?

Many thanks
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry I can't give you any advice - but it must be awful to have to watch your pup go through that.

I hope your vet can help.
Chorkie Lover
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2009, 03:33 PM
thank you for your quick reply and yes it is awful just hope he will be ok
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 04:28 PM
no experience either, but what a worry for you... Have you advised the breeder regarding the mange? And perhaps ask them if the rest of litter is similarly affected.

Big hugs for Bruiser - and for you
Chorkie Lover
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2009, 04:37 PM
the breeder mislead us and has been reported to the rspca they were travellers that sold us the pup we were unaware at the time tho and he has conveinently left the camp site
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Chorkie Lover View Post
the breeder mislead us and has been reported to the rspca they were travellers that sold us the pup we were unaware at the time tho and he has conveinently left the camp site
oh thats awful... at least Bruiser is getting the best he can now...

Good luck with the results...
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Is your pup quite small as very small dogs can suffer from hypoglycemia which I believe can result in fits. That is why, for very small breeds, it is best t keep food down all the time so they can keep topped up with food.
Becky
Chorkie Lover
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:58 PM
many thanks for your reply i will get the vet to check for
hypoglycemia as i never knew they could have this disease he is a chi x yorkie and is a verry small dog.
once again i thank you for your replys lets hope thats all it is and not anything worse.
regards
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry I don't have any advice but I hope your dog is better very soon.
Chorkie Lover
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2009, 07:43 PM
if he suffers from hypoglycemia is there anything i could give him to slow or even stop the siezures?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >