Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2007, 04:28 PM

My holiday in Debyshire Ollie (BMD).

We set of on monday last week in the camper van I love going in there we always go somewhere exciting this time it was really exciting and we stayed away for 8 nights.
We also did lots of exciting things I climbed up mountains only small ones and paddled in water Ladybower Reservoir Mummy and Daddy called it Mummy didn't want to go down there but Daddy persuaded her and we had a great time.
I have sat on the tops of rocks and met a lovely horse.
I have also met lots of nice people some with dogs I prefer saying hello to those people rather than those without sometimes I got told off because I would bark at strangers or grumble.
I have been to villages and listend to a brass band I didn't like it much and Mummy sat round the corner with me because I was unhappy we could still hear it but not so loudly and not so many people.
We went into a village called Buxton and Mummy went into a pet shop to get me some treats and had a shock as Daddy was outside waiting with me she looked up and there was a Bernese Mountain Dog looking at her she thought I had got away and come in the shop.
There were actually two and I went inside with Daddy to meet them they were lovely girls and wanted to come with us they were looking out of the shop door as we walked away.
Bernese Mountain Dogs are more common in Derbyshire than in Essex,but a lot of people were still arguing as they walked by about whether I was a St.Bernard or a Newfoundland Mummy and Daddy did chuckle.Some people asked and they told them I was a Bernese some seemed a little put out they had got it wrong.
Mummy and Daddy said I had been a very good boy really as this was my first proper holiday away and for quite a long time and the fact I am still only really a baby 14 months old.
Yesterday our last day we went to hope show and lots of people admired me and said to Mumy I was very handsome and in good condition and had a lovely coat and was I in thee show.I didn't like it much too many people and again when Mummy realised I was getting a bit stressed she suggested To Daddy we went back to the van and took it in turns to look after me.I did do over an hour though so was quite proud of myself and din't bark at people too much or grumble.
We also watched the Gun dogs they were very good bit energetic for me though it tired me out just watching them.
I am glad to be home now but have really enjoyed my holiday and hope we go there again one day.Mummy and Daddy say they want to live there wonder if we will.
Hope these pictures work of our holiday and if they do you enjoy them.

The first place we stayed had the whole 3 fields to ourselves.

In the van.

Irish Water Spaniel at the Hope Show.

One of my paddling expeditions at Castleton

Me being a Mountain dog.

Me and Mummy.

Paddling in Ladybower Reservoir.

A shoe I found on one of our walks at Derwent Water.

Me and Mummy again.

My new toy from the pet shop in Buxton have torn his neck open and got squeaker out today

A friend I made

Thanks for looking and hope I haven't bored you all with my tale and photos. Love Ollie.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh Ollie, what a lucky boy you are to get to go on holiday with mummy and daddy, my boys and girls would love the chance to go on a holiday like that. And how brave of you to have your photo taken with that big horse, I think Bradley would have been too scared to pose like you did. I did notice that you took the squeaker out of your new toy, why do you doggies insist on doing that when we go to great lengths to find you a lovely toy that makes that special noise? LOL. I like the bit in your story about the Bernese girlies, I bet they thought you were very handsome and would have loved to go home with you and have a romp in the three fields. A very nice story, you handsome lad. Big hugs from Auntie Sheree xx
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Looks like you had a wonderful time I only live 20 mins from Buxton which we go to every weekend, we braved the Dovedale walk to Mill Dale which shattered me greatly I thought I had left my legs there when I eventually crawled into the car but the ice cream made up for it. So pleased you had a wonderful time next time you go give me a bell
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Lovely pics of your holdiay Ollie, it sounds like you had a great time and a very good boy too...
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Ollie if you convince mummy and daddy to move, your'll be close to us.
Tob and hol could come and play.....
Glad you all had a great holiday lady bower is a great place to have a stroll.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Ah,I love to hear and see Ollies exploits.Glad you enjoyed yourselves,wish it was me and my gang.Lovely pics too.xxxx
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Ah great pics looks like you had a lovely time, we live only 20 mins away from Buxton if that, love going shopping round town there's a great bargain store there
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 08:44 PM
So glad you had a great time Ollie xx