Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 11:47 PM

Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Helena have only just caught up with this and my heart goes out to you and Dave
I joined Dogsey just a year ago when our collie cross Lulu died very ,very suddenly-and like you I was in bits.
The support I had on here from people I didnt even know,helped me so much-as they really understood and I could tell them everything I was feeling or feeling guilty about.They didnt judge or patronise or make light of how I was feeling

As you said it comes in waves.
Things you see or hear bring back memories that,though happy,are so painful because he/she isnt there.
I can remember the first day that I hadnt cried all day-I felt so guilty as if I had forgotten her.

I didnt really know Georgie as many members have said they did,but after reading your posts and seeing the lovely photos I feel that I do sort of do know him now.

He must have had so many friends waiting for him at the Bridge and I know he will be looking down on his mum and dad with love.

He is still with you -in your heart and no-one can ever take that away from you

God bless
Maureen
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Really really sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you xxx

Run free Georgie
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Thinking of you. Night night Georgie xxx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Such sad news... you have done all you can though. Will be thinking of you. Lots of hugs xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks for all these lovely, heartfelt messages of condolensces, and I know I've brought pain back to some of you whilst you've written them, some are still so very raw for you I can feel that, even though time has passed for you, it's supposed to make us feel better, but it never does Thankyou Lisa for the wonderful tribute, you couldn't have chosen better pics there to sum up this wonderful character that is Georgie - I can't write "was" there, because he's still around me, but in a much nicer place.

Today has been more painful that previous days, because I've met some people in the village who knew him very well, then I got a phone call from the dogwalker who had fostered Georgie whilst his owner was in hospital, and to top it all, I know Zena's heart is breaking along with mine, she even refused breakfast this morning

I couldn't decide whether I should take her with me after our walk and her breakfast when I went shopping (I know nobody would be able to steal her from my car!!!). Then I thought I've got to bite the bullet one day, and sooner rather than later, to leave her completely home alone, so I start as I mean to carry on kind of thing. I gave her a cheesy kong and told her I was going out, just like I always do, and of course, for the past 3 months, I've been shutting Georgie in the kitchen to get her used to being on her own in the rest of the house. I felt so mean, when I left her here I wish I was taking her with me, but that can come later, I really wanted to do it now, and that way, I'm hoping I can please myself in the future, as to whether she stays or comes in the car with me.

It seems to have worked, I left the microphone thingy started on the puter, and not a peep out of her, in fact, I think she slept soooooo well for an hour and a half, that on my return for the first time EVER, she wasn't at the back door to greet me OMG can you imagine what went through my mind Then she came charging up to me half asleep lol! I unloaded my stuff and took her out for another long walk, which is our normal routine, she's eaten some lunch and now she'll sleep and I shall take her out again this evening like I did last night. She never normally gets an evening walk, but I feel I must for the time being, just to get her used to this new life without her furry playmate. Dave said rod and back, but Zena's not like that at all, she just goes with the flow, and would never expect 3 walks a day if I choose to do that just for the time being, until she's back to her normal self. It's so very sad to see her grieving like this

When we got back from our walk last night, I decided to get the ironing board out in the kitchen, and she layed where she always did in the doorway, alongside Georgie, and as I watched her little face, she reached out her paw just like she used to do when he was lying there, but she knew he wasn't, her little face screwed up with sadness, she gave out a big sigh, and laid on her side just staring out the door into the bootroom, where he sometimes laid.

A very funny thing happened yesterday lunchtime though, when I was sitting at this puter. I heard the lapping of water in the kitchen from the big dog bowl, I know I heard it, I had no music or tv on, it was deathly quiet, and I thought to myself, blimey, she's drinking a lot of water, it was lapping just like Georgie used to drink, like a camel, he rarely drank water, but when he did, he made a meal out of it. As I turned my head towards the hallway, there was Zena, completely zonked out in her bed, fast asleep! I had to get up and go into the kitchen to check again what I had heard, and there was no sound, only Zena breathing.....

Thankyou all once again, I'm trying to come to terms, I wish I could help Zena to do the same, but she's young, she's resilient (sp?), and although I would go out tomorrow and get her a little playmate, I just can't at the moment, but one day we will, when the pain subsides for the loss of our big, cuddly polar bear.xxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 01:47 PM
No words to add, Aitch, just that are in my thoughts....

x0x
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 01:53 PM
((Helena))

Im so sorry xx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Made me cry.... again!! Thankfully Zena seems to be coping ok and what a strange experience... Sounds like Georgie is still around... Big hugs x
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Im so sorry..iv only just sen this. R.I.P Georgie xoxox
Page 26 of 31 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 > Last »