View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 02:15 PM
A star will shine brightly down from the heavens tonight to say thank you to mum and dad for all their love.

Run free, Georgie boy, run free special lad xxxxxxxx
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2012, 02:16 PM
So very sorry for your loss
Sweet dreams Georgie RIP x
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Run run run Georgie, Run Free xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you all and sending you hugs xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 02:30 PM
This is so unbearable, it's so empty here, even though Georgie didn't do much around here, he was big enough both in heart and body to let us know he was here and now he's gone, it's all so empty......

Now I'm questioning whether I sent him off too soon beating myself up when I couldn't bear to watch him struggling to walk, maybe I should have left it a bit longer The vet said not, he saw him struggling from the waiting room to the back room and agreed with me, that the end of his walks led to this worsening so much, rock and hard place then.

Please forgive me Georgie, I hope I'm right in thinking he's young and free again now, and I hope even more, that he finds the time to send me just the smallest of signs to let me know he's arrived safely, just like Cassie did for me.

This is God awful, it's like I've lost one of my children here, but then my dogs are my babies and always will be, and not many people understand that, except you lot!

On my 2nd box of tissues now, but hopefully, it will subside after a little nanny nap, but then again, he won't be here when I get up will he

He just went downhill so quickly, and I know he was on that borrowed time, but this all happened so fast, I just hope I did it right by him. Godbless my little man now.xxxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Helena - please don't beat yourself up over this - your heart of course is aching and you will miss him for a while yet - but you did the kindest things we can do for our canine partners let him go with dignity - would you have wanted him unable to get up and walk (albeit) with a wobble into the vets - not able to go to the toilet - No you would not and you didn't let him get to that point...

You said he looked at you and knew - remember that ... he was ready to go meet Cassie...

Much love and please stop thinking like this....

He is free of any pain and is now running with his sweet Cassie x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Helen I know just what you are feeling but please, you did what was right for your boy. He was so heavy, his poor legs couldn't take his weight anymore. Once those joints start going, it is the kindest thing to let them go. Dylan, as you know, is not far behind his old mate. I take it day by day with him, just like you were doing with Georgie. Of course you will question it as you didn't want to say goodbye, but it was time. He let you know and like you said, better a week too early than a day too late.

Georgie never suffered once he was in your loving care. You have made sure of that. His time was now.

A little robin came to see me yesterday. I wondered why and who he was for. Now I know.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't know what to say to make this any easier. There just aren't any words.

I am sat here with tears streaming down my face and feeling some of your pain I imagine most of us have been in that dark place after we have taken one of our beloved family members to the vets for that last time. It is all quite fresh for me - and I remember just how I felt, just as you feel now H. Questioning your decision, going round and round in your head, what if this, and what if that

Just try to remember that you made this most difficult of decisions out of love for your boy and so the decision could never be a wrong one.

We are all here for you xxx
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 02:44 PM
So sorry, sleep tight beautiful boy x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Oh Helena do not doubt that you did not do the right thing. You did and at the right time.

I doubted myself over my Max many years ago and also over Ollie last year. It was the vet that set me straight over Max and Nadia who did over Ollie. As she said he walked in here although with difficulty and his tail wagged much better than him having to be sedated in the car and wheeeld in or sent on his way in the car.

So so difficult and you will question yourself but believe me you did the right thing by Georgie today as you always have done. He thanks you for that. X
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-02-2012, 02:52 PM
You have given Georgie the best of lives, and the best of deaths, even though it has broken your heart. You know that if you were in his situation you would have wanted to go with dignity, love and no pain.
Page 19 of 31 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »