Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 06:06 PM

What can ya do with ..... Georgieboy

I just let them outside, and considering Georgie hasn't been out since this morning, I expected him to have a poop as well as a loooooong wee, but instead of that, he wee'd and then barked - at nothing!

Came back indoors, he barged his way past me and Zena in the hallway to get under the stairs into bed, and I wondered why Zena wouldn't go in the kitchen and get her ball

So in I went, and there, in the middle of the kitchen, were the two big poops that I wanted to see earlier on but OUTside!!! I'm sure he didn't even know he'd done it

I'd just cleaned the floor too, so out came the steam mop again What d'ya dooooo with him!!!! I'll cope!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 06:10 PM
I saw the title and started singing "what can you do with a drunken sailor" in my head then saw Georgieboy at the end

He's elderly - give him a break
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Simon's getting on a bit (nearly 13), and he sometimes does that too. I'm sure he doesn't know what he is doing half the time.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Sam used to do the same, bless him, towards the end. Totally out of character for him and, as you said with Georgie, I doubt he even knew he'd had his accidents.

Mind you, they are worth every bit of that extra cleaning to have 'em around
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 06:35 PM
He's keeping you on your toes - doesn't want you to become complacent!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh lord.....all the replies so far have made me nervous about my husband He's getting on a bit too you know

Dear old Georgie, he will be forgiven anything won't he.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Ah, welcome to my world! Dyls is pretty good and is getting outside for most of his poos at the moment. But sometimes he just stands there looking at me and whoops! Out comes the flash and the mop!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I saw the title and started singing "what can you do with a drunken sailor" in my head then saw Georgieboy at the end

He's elderly - give him a break
This old man gets far too many breaks!!!! He's a bit speshul ya see!!!

Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Simon's getting on a bit (nearly 13), and he sometimes does that too. I'm sure he doesn't know what he is doing half the time.
No, I'm sure Georgie doesn't, although he did give me one of those embarrassing looks when he laid in his bed, but he knows I'd never tell him off for it. He'll be 14 in June, but he's doing well, can't complain, except for this little mishap!

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Sam used to do the same, bless him, towards the end. Totally out of character for him and, as you said with Georgie, I doubt he even knew he'd had his accidents.

Mind you, they are worth every bit of that extra cleaning to have 'em around
You're so right there Chris, and if this is as bad as it gets, I definitely won't be complaining!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
He's keeping you on your toes - doesn't want you to become complacent!
He's showing his disapproval more like, of not coming out with us anymore! Funny how he's just accepted that he doesn't come out with us anymore, he never makes a move, never whinges or whines when I get Zena's collar out, he just "knows", but then he always has, the perfect gent!

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh lord.....all the replies so far have made me nervous about my husband He's getting on a bit too you know Dear old Georgie, he will be forgiven anything won't he.
Oh don't even go there Sally I've already booked Dave's little "room" Funny how the horse poo never bothered me, used to pick that up with bare hands in my OWN stable , and dog poo with a bag is fine, then old mum with her accidents...... but husband? That's a big no-no!!! It wasn't in the marraige vows anyway was it???!!!

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Ah, welcome to my world! Dyls is pretty good and is getting outside for most of his poos at the moment. But sometimes he just stands there looking at me and whoops! Out comes the flash and the mop!
Lol! I thought you might be having the same problem there Claire!! Georgie does the going outside bit, he even asks to go out there still, but the poor old boy must have forgotten after he started showing off with his loud barking (which has now gone all soft and hoarse and wouldn't even scare the local cat away!!!). Bless him.

He likes to walk whilst doing it too, probably because he can't stand too long on his old back legs, and I can just imagine him in the bootroom at night, walking in circles in a tight space so that he gets it all on the floor instead of his bed, so at least he's still got his marbles, he would never mess in his bed.....just my kitchen floor!!!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 09:47 PM
aaaaaahhhhh bless him.......

maybe he thinks you have had enough time off with your bonce and wanted to make sure you were capable of doing a little job........

Huge Hugs as always to the handsome boy and maybe a small one to Princess Zena
xxxx