Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Lenny, Boxer x Staffie, DOB 15.03.09

Lenny, Boxer x Staffie, DOB 15.03.09

His Story: Lenny one of 10 puppies born as an accidental litter! We have helped 5 as 1 year old dogs and are also helping the mother to find a new home too. Lenny has grown up within a multi-dog household with children and cats.

Salient points: Lenny is a Boxer cross with a superb temperament despite some skills deficit. Fluent with dogs, cats, children and people. Finding himself outside of his 'Mother & Father pack', but he is learning fast.

Advert: Lenny came into kennels with his twin brother. They were separated although left next-door to each other to try to get them to 'discover' themselves as there was a deep sense of 'twinning'. Lenny is now been fostered with another dog, cats and children similar to his former pack. He is establishing his own distinct character and being exposed to daily domestic and environmental activity such as trains, planes and cars. He is adjusting quickly and is much improved from the very reticent dog who came to us.

Lenny mimics his Boxer father in colouring and looks, but is lighter in build. Lenny is very loving and seeks comfort and at the same time shares well with the resident dog being subservient. In many ways his calmness of nature gives him an older feel, but his skill deficit can reveal the apprehensive pup. He is reaching his developmental milestones swiftly and there is NO doubting he is a very special gentle dog and he needs to live with another dog to provide the lever of adjustment into his forever family when they knock on his door.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-04-2010, 06:50 AM
An couple of updates from Lenny's fosterer:

"Can't believe it has been a week since Lenny has arrived. He has continued to charm and is coming out of his shell daily. Lovely lovely boy with a gentle cautious approach to everything, constantly checking with you that 'this is ok'. We are having a lot of fun.

Easy to walk, does not pull and while out on the common is on a long line but comes back when called (very foody so easy!) I can manage to walk both dogs on my own, due to Lenny's good manners. Meets dogs well and doesn't rush his introductions and also meets people well, quietly interested and will stand and wait if we talk. Despite being a bigger dog is very nimble and light on his feet. On recall has very good brakes! Doesn't run into you despite my concerns I was going to be flattened! (Could teach Marco a thing or two)!

Housetrained, waits with a sit for his food and doesn't look for Marco's - I feed them at the same time but in different places and Lenny sits and waits for his.

He can be left for short periods, is ok with our nervous loony cat.

Good near cars, trains, horses. Enjoys playing with Marco however the poor boy looks mystified if you give him a toy or a ball. He is a complete cuddle monster. My son was away on a school trip until yesterday and they had not met however Lenny has greeted him with joy as another potential source of cuddles.

He has started to let his hair down and gambols away on walks now with complete joy".

"Now coming up to week 2, it has gone so fast. Lenny continues to delight us all, remains settled and gentle and continued good manners. Will take food if we are daft enough to leave it and the bin has gone, however these have been minor adjustments. He really is a big gorgeous cuddly softy. Continues to have good manners and stays close. The funniest sight is when he gallops off, ears and legs flying and you remember how young he is. He doesn't go far and then comes straight back to check you are still there. Next week we will be going out a little more in the car, he has been on short journeys and been fine, however does like to be a front seat passenger! Today he saw an elderly gentleman out on a walk and stood and waited, had a sniff and said hello and then carried on.Does not jump up. No issues with other dogs at all, young or old. LOVES his food. I have added extra food to his bowl with no problems at all!.

He is adorable.............. "!

Closed Thread