Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
A monster but a monster you are immensely proud of!

My Bella is VERY independent. Doesn't even sit with me. Often doesn't sit in the same room as me all day unless she wants something (well until I bought the IKEA day bed! Still doesn't sit 'with me' but is in the same room now!)

But she sticks to me like glue when we are out and looks to me to protect her when she is spooked.

She didn't have a good start in life. Left her mum far too young and then got the parvo and nearly died. I've no idea if that's relevant or if Minpins are just an 'independent' little breed. She's definitely MY dog tho. I am the only one she listens to and obeys (she is quite good with my DiL who is delighted when she takes her running with her that she 'does as she is told')

She does not follow me from room to room. She is there right next to me for the first outing of the day and the subsequent two. But if I leave to go out other times she doesn't even get up or come to the door when I leave. Sometimes I will visit a neighbour on the same floor and she will decide she wants to go home before I do! This causes great hilarity as she will go to the door and bark once without looking round then trot to our flat when the door is opened. I let her in and go back to the neighbours! I've never known a dog like it!

For my part I don't have the pangs when leaving her in the boarding kennels that I'd have if she was a 'velcro dog'.

Everyone loves her - she's just a bossy, domineering, independent little 'gerroff me woman' dog!
I love Bella, she's a scream. Pretty sure she' d save your life if it were called for Pat. I find sometimes Lacey just likes a little time out from me, even if its just in the hall.Can't blame her since we're together 24/7 like u and Bella.Please don't talk about boarding kennels,coming up shortly for me, hate the thought of it Maybe sneak her into my case!!!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4