Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 01:22 PM

Megs vet bill

As you know she hasn't been well,anyway I took her to the vets last week and hadn't enough money on me to pay at the time I think I only had something like £10 in change so gave the receptionest that and said I would pop the rest owing into them....they are fine with this as I always pay them
Anyway it sort of slipped my mind and I thought about it this morning so went to pay what I owed them,the young trainee brought up her account and I was suprized at the amount she has cost us in the last month £339
This was when she had the tummy bug,she was hospitalised,drip,ab's,metacam etc,check ups afterwards,more ab's,check up last week and an injection after she had that fit.

We paid them when we collected her but it was the bits afterwards,£20 here,£30 there etc and I never bothered adding it up.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Ouch! I know our vets will estimate cost prior to any treatment but nine times out of ten I forget to ask. Your vet sounds like ours in that they will wait a few days for payment if they know you well, which is good. Hope Meg is ok
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 01:58 PM
i was shocked when i got the bill in for Jakes vet bill after he cut open his side... £1052
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Hope your insured?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Ouch! I know our vets will estimate cost prior to any treatment but nine times out of ten I forget to ask. Your vet sounds like ours in that they will wait a few days for payment if they know you well, which is good. Hope Meg is ok
Yes they do LOL,
The receptionst is fab as are the vets themselves She is doing just fine thanks for asking

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i was shocked when i got the bill in for Jakes vet bill after he cut open his side... £1052
Suprizing how it mounts up!That's some bill

Originally Posted by jols View Post
Hope your insured?
We are now,we wasn't at the time,nor when she had pyo,that cost us over £500