Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Tattoos - need some inspiration!

Hi all,

Just wondering how many of you have tattoos? I have 2 so far, one of a star/sun on my back and 3 stars on my hip. I got the 3 stars done last summer. I'm thinking of adding to them in a few weeks time but i'm not sure what to add!
Just wondering where the tattoo'd amongst us get their inspiration??
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm going to tell you my tattoo plans which are really a bit 'sad' and my hubby hates tattoos and really doesn't want me to get even a tiny one but what i would like is....
Anyone who reads this may think i'm strange for wanting to do this but anyway here goes......

As you will know Grommit, greyhounds ears are tattooed with letters if they were registered racers and my plan is to get my greyhounds tattoo out on me probably when the day comes that i dread that i lose one of my babies i will then have their ID tattooed on me so that a part of them will always be with me. Thinking on the back of my neck under hairline as they will be just for me not to out on show as such. I feel that my dogs were tattooed to do a 'job' and were sometimes treated in horrible ways in my opinion because of their breed were not treated like pets but as money making objects. I want to be tattooed with their individual markings as a sign of what they stood for and that will live on in me....maybe a bit morbid and strange of me!!! but it makes perfect sense to me!!!!!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by monkeydonkey View Post
I'm going to tell you my tattoo plans which are really a bit 'sad' and my hubby hates tattoos and really doesn't want me to get even a tiny one but what i would like is....
Anyone who reads this may think i'm strange for wanting to do this but anyway here goes......

As you will know Grommit, greyhounds ears are tattooed with letters if they were registered racers and my plan is to get my greyhounds tattoo out on me probably when the day comes that i dread that i lose one of my babies i will then have their ID tattooed on me so that a part of them will always be with me. Thinking on the back of my neck under hairline as they will be just for me not to out on show as such. I feel that my dogs were tattooed to do a 'job' and were sometimes treated in horrible ways in my opinion because of their breed were not treated like pets but as money making objects. I want to be tattooed with their individual markings as a sign of what they stood for and that will live on in me....maybe a bit morbid and strange of me!!! but it makes perfect sense to me!!!!!
Wow! That gave me goosebumps! What a fantastic idea! I dont think thats morbid at all, Just a beautiful way of showing how much they mean to you.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 10:57 AM

Not at all! I think that's a lovely idea!

I have a tribal design on my wrist and a gecko on my lower back. I want something along the side of my foot but my husband thinks two is more than enough and I kinda see his point.

If you look closely you can see the wrist one here, but I don't have any of the gecko:

I love the sound of your stars. If I had nice hips I'd be sure to copy that! ;o)
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
Wow! That gave me goosebumps! What a fantastic idea! I dont think thats morbid at all, Just a beautiful way of showing how much they mean to you.
Glad you don't think its morbid, they just mean so much to me and to me its the perfect way to make sure they are with me forever. I have told only a few other people my plans and only the dog lovers get where i'm coming from, others just think i'm mad......but i don't care. I know when the time comes it will give me comfort
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Glad you don't think its morbid, they just mean so much to me and to me its the perfect way to make sure they are with me forever. I have told only a few other people my plans and only the dog lovers get where i'm coming from, others just think i'm mad......but i don't care. I know when the time comes it will give me comfort
It's lovely. Personally I'd put the numbers somewhere where I could see them, that would bring me more comfort. But not necc on show for all. Hip or wrist maybe.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:04 AM
OOhh i love your wrist one, thats fab. Gecko sounds good too. The stars on my hip are what i'm thinking of adding to. They look a little lonely and unfinished. Thinking of either getting them coloured or adding more stars in some kind of pattern. Luckily my OH is'nt too bothered about me having tattoos Love the piccy by the way! Nice to see who i'm chatting with too!
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
It's lovely. Personally I'd put the numbers somewhere where I could see them, that would bring me more comfort. But not necc on show for all. Hip or wrist maybe.
Part of the reason i thought neck was because hubby really hates tattoos so he would forget they were there (hopefully) but i would know they were there if you get me!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Part of the reason i thought neck was because hubby really hates tattoos so he would forget they were there (hopefully) but i would know they were there if you get me!!!
- I get you, I'm just saying that I'd love nothing more than to look at them on a sad day. How often does he look at your wrists? ;o)

Originally Posted by grommit View Post
OOhh i love your wrist one, thats fab. Gecko sounds good too. The stars on my hip are what i'm thinking of adding to. They look a little lonely and unfinished. Thinking of either getting them coloured or adding more stars in some kind of pattern. Luckily my OH is'nt too bothered about me having tattoos Love the piccy by the way! Nice to see who i'm chatting with too!
- hehe, cheers. Was taken in Vietnam, a good day! The gecko is great as it's quite small but creeping out of my trousers. I'll try to get a photo up.
Personally I am not a lover of coloured tattoos, but it's hard to help without a photo (hint, hint ;o)
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
- I get you, I'm just saying that I'd love nothing more than to look at them on a sad day. How often does he look at your wrists? ;o)

- hehe, cheers. Was taken in Vietnam, a good day! The gecko is great as it's quite small but creeping out of my trousers. I'll try to get a photo up.
Personally I am not a lover of coloured tattoos, but it's hard to help without a photo (hint, hint ;o)
Thats a good question, but knowing him he'll notice!! Don't know why i'm thinking of his opinion so much actually, i usually do pretty much what i want!!!
Somewhere i can see would be more practical otherwise i will have to be standing at a mirror with another mirror strugging to see!!!!

There was another tattoo thread up on here a while ago with quite a few pics posted, don't remember grommit though!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >