Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2024, 07:29 AM

Saturday 9th March 2024

Morning everyone. It's funny how the forecast changes from website to website and channel to channel. Today is now supposed to be ok until later this evening and then tomorrow yep rain at sometime over the day. Anyway have a good day whatever you get up to. Interesting breeds so far for the line up tomorrow at Crufts. Not my cuppa tea the flying ears on the bat aka Papillon. Not surprised at the gundog winner of the group. Frenchie was quite nice. Today is my breed day. What's your choice?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2024, 10:08 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Nice day here today. The sun is shining, wind blowing.
Hoping to get the washing on the line in a while.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2024, 12:56 PM
Back home after being dragged around 2 garden centres and the local tip. well at last the bush stump root has gone and a load of small branches. What did we buy, 3 bags of top soil- 1 bag to help with the lawn moss- light weight rain jacket for me and also had a coffee in one of the garden centres. looked for budlia as well but only had the white variety ,bit too early for them right now.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2024, 02:17 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope you get the washing dry Lynn

I haven't watch any of crufts But dip in and out of the results page

Lovely morning here too. Teazle walked and as Barry said two gardens centres and the tip. He wanted to look round the garden centres for a buddies but I had told him it is too early. So whilst there bought the lawn moss killer, no rake so should take it easier for me and the top soil is to raise the dip in part of the new bit of lawn laid two years ago that Barry said was the right height. Also bought a couple plants to put where we once had a fir tree and is now in need of plants. It was Barry's idea to go to the tip so I don't know why he always has to lay the blame of me!

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2024, 05:05 PM
Glad you got some bits to hopefully make your life easier Sue.

Got the washing dry, we travelled out to a farm shop and the cafe has shut, no mention on their website. Grrrrrrr.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2024, 05:59 PM
Good evening all

A much better day today although we still have the easterly which puts our favourite cafe out of bounds unless we want to be blown away

Same old same old here pretty much

Sue, didn't you know that everything is always our fault? Our dishwasher made a hash of cleaning the dishes for some unknown reason. Of course, it was my fault. He didn't know why, but he didn't let that stop him blaming me?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2024, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning everyone. It's funny how the forecast changes from website to website and channel to channel. Today is now supposed to be ok until later this evening and then tomorrow yep rain at sometime over the day. Anyway have a good day whatever you get up to. Interesting breeds so far for the line up tomorrow at Crufts. Not my cuppa tea the flying ears on the bat aka Papillon. Not surprised at the gundog winner of the group. Frenchie was quite nice. Today is my breed day. What's your choice?
Good afternoon Brenda

Have been to work today so just back to log in and Yes I have been watching Crufts but only the TV version
The Papillion was not my choice either however of course ring presence (ie being there) means a lot. I liked the Min Pin

The French Bulldog is owned a bred by an aquaintance of mine (not friend just know them to speak to well Dean anyhow) Dean bred some really good Staffords back in the day under the same Affix. And I have seen his French Bulldogs as they have progressed over the years they used the same vets as I did and I saw them around being excercised they have always been very fit his Staffs and French Bulldogs.

The gundog winner did not surprise me either georgeous and in great condition. Deserved the placing but could easily looking at them of being any of the top 3 - 4 in any order all looked good to me.

I was disappointed the judge left out the gorgeous Pointer and that the Bracco Italiano didn't do more but hey ho. The Golden looked a lovely example of the breed I have to say. I thought the Sussex was quite low to the ground will have to leave that there as it could of been the watching on TV.

Not seen the day 3 yet but will do and I know the Leonberger won because my niece Kate is a massive fan of the breed if you recall we ended up a crufts so she could see them in discover dogs a few years ago.

So far my alligance is with the Frenchie but we shall see I shall watch today.

Did you know most Stafford owners (like me) used to pray the SBT never won or got placed due to the already far to higher interest in them from not people fot to own one. LOL

Do or did you ever used ot hope your breed did not get chosen as it would draw unscrupilous breeders.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2024, 08:16 PM
To everyone have a good day off to watch Crufts then bed a bit of a headache no idea why.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2024, 08:37 PM
Evening all
Seen none of crufts, mind you, been flat out busy, helping my mate and sorting stuff for my uncles birthday...then I had to go to the drs to get my last 2 blood results printed...they had done one but not the other....I got the results off the NHS app and have written them out, made sure I have my charging cable and plug, 2 pairs of headphones got all my paperwork sorted so just need to pack some food up and hopefully I won't be kept in.