View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi Lottie as the other members have stated from the information you have given it is most likely to be food related (I was reading some information recently about complete food and the conditions it can cause, I must look it up again and post it).

If you can't manage raw have you looked at details Borderdawn posted about a new food? It is quite expensive but looks great..

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=116402

Failing that I would try a food with a minimum of additives maybe one of the fish and potato based ones, a number of companies produce one among them Fish4dogs and Wafcol.
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2010, 10:53 PM
hi
i can only tell you my experiance but with my puppy on james wellbeloved she too had stools that was not runny but were soft and very difficult to clear up i changed her onto wainrights dry biscuits, and ive not looked back since she is doing really well on it and has nice normal poo's now and its roughly the same price as jwb
hope this is of some help
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I contacted skinners when kismet also couldn't settle to jwb like you I travel and don't have the space for raw. Skinners sent me loads of samples. In the end we settled on salmon and rice field and trial. It's a superb food. I did find quickly that I didn't need to feed as much as the recomended amount on the sack. The dogs are really happy and healthy on it and for once are all eating the same thing! Highly recommend
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 12:01 AM
If she is on the puppy, move her onto the junior, or even the adult. Puppy food is often too rich. My Slovak didn't tolerate the JWB puppy but did just fine on the junior and the adult versions.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
If she is on the puppy, move her onto the junior, or even the adult. Puppy food is often too rich. My Slovak didn't tolerate the JWB puppy but did just fine on the junior and the adult versions.
I have heard dat before I was recomended chappie dry for pups
ATD x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks all! We picked up another bag of food before I saw all the replies! We picked up a smaller bag of proplan for us to try (she was fine on this when the breeder fed it her so we thought it should be a safe bet).

However the info is invaluable - thanks
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2