View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2005, 07:56 PM

Operation for Sky....edited 25.01.05

We had to take Sky to the vets today....She has ahad a lump about the size of a peanut on her offside front foreled since we got her from staffie rescue last year.....it has never bothered her and the vets said just to keep an eye on it and if it changed them they will check it...........it has never grown or changed in the 9 months we have had her...until today...........i notices it about 11.30 this morning it has grown it was the size of a small plum....this had come up overnight!......I called tje vet and they said t bring her in at 3pm today...so we did.

They advised us that it could be one of two types of tumour...a non malignant kind of skin tumour, but these do not nomally swell to suddenly, and it could be mast cell tumour, which is def not a good one?.......

i am sitting here with a bottle of wine worried sick and tuesday seems a long time away..she goes in at 8.30 o have the large lump removed and it sent away for tests.....

Has anyone any experience of mast cell tumours, what are they and what can I expect?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Hope Sky is ok Sponge
Staffys can be prone to lumps and cysts- our Sam used to have one on his back leg but never caused him any harm and was only a harmless cyst

Is it possible she could have knocked the lump (and its merely filled up with fluid)

Let us know how she goes but i can imagine how worried you are

{{big hug}}
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Hiya -hope sky is ok -My Murph got a lump on his bum ( sort of ) came up in days My vet said nothing bad comes up that quick -anyway he removed it and it was a hystycytoma -apparently they are quite common and when tested it was fine
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2005, 08:10 PM
poor Sky
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi Lel and Murphy

Sky is always flying about the house like a nutter, she loves us to chase her and try and get her chew boen thingy and she often hurles in to the tables and chairs so hopefully (dont know that that sounds good?) she has just knocked herslef hard and it will be ok?

She is my furkid..cause i dont have kids and kenny and I are a bit shell shocked tonight....we have imagined all sorts ..........then when we think of anaesthetic (sp) christ on a bike I get shivers!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 09:06 PM
*hugs* to Sky.
I hope she is ok Sponge
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2005, 09:16 PM
we have having had boxers.
ben our lad had 15 of the thing though out his life.
the non maligant ones grew but slowly and look like little warts.
he had 1 maligant 1 at 10 months old on his leg it looked the same just grew and changed faster.
if its come up overnight it doesn't sound like a tumor to me they don't get big fast, i would be more the same as lel maybe its a wart that has filled with blood or a type of cyst. the tumors are cancer are removed and tested but the vet will take a little around the site to make sure they have got it all if it is confirmed as cancer.
im sure you will be fine and it turns out to be nothing even if it is cancer they sound get it all out and that should be the end of it.
let us know how things go.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Hi Sponge I would not like to hazard a guess at what the lump is, I wish you and Sky luck for Tuesaday
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 11:45 PM
lots of luck for tuesday i will have everything crossed
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Hey Sky, it's Auntie Trace here. What you been up to then lass? When you go to the docs on tues if they have to give you some sleepy stuff that's ok coz Bandit say it's good. The stuff they use nowadays is so much better and safer to be used on auld wimmin like you. Well that's what he told me to say. I really hope it's nuffin serious.
Karen & kenny try not to worry too much
Tracie
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >