Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 09:14 AM

Fleas!

Having said in another thread that I haven't seen a flea in years (can you see where this is going?) I found a telltale line of three small bites across my middle this morning . I then actually found the flea on my bed and it was really tiny! As I had my elderly cat on my lap last night for the first time for ages (as she doesn't retract her claws very well now so pulls threads in everything) I'm assuming it was from her so she's been frontlined this morning.

There seems to have been an increase in all sorts of creepy crawlies this year with all the rain we've had so I guess we all need to be more aware.
Sheree
New Member!
Female 

21-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Your lucky I have to check Jess all the time for ticks wish it was just fleas.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 11:42 AM
ive noticed there is an increase in them this year, its driving me mad! i keep finding the odd one and im having to keep doing the dogs and the carpets constantly!
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2012, 11:33 AM
When we went to our vet in France, there was a notice that they have been on the increase this year. Crazy climactic conditions-- their 'season' has been extended well into fall when they should be dying down.

Frontline has been sufficient for ours so far. Grapefruit peel repels fleas, too: they hate the oils. Bash the outside of the peel or grate it only enough to break the surface, and rub that on your pets' beds. Then put the used peels on your radiators. They'll dry out, dissipating their very nice scent, making your house more unfriendly to fleas.

Be careful, though: a dry citrus skin is highly volatile. Don't put it anywhere where it may catch fire accidentally!