View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:01 AM

I wish i was there to help Mugsy - (SBT)

Hi all

i feel really sad today. Last night on my walk with Otis i met a lady who i often see with her staffordshire bull terrier called Mugsy. She looked really sad and i asked her what the marrter was and she told me she had to have Mugsy pts on Saturday. I was so shocked and asked why. She said becasue of her aggression.

Mugsy was no good with other dogs and often tried to attack Otis, but with people she was delightful. I told this lady before to take Mugsy to the training school i take Otis to - but she never did. I also told her to muzzle her in public - but she never did.

Poor Mugsy was the result of backyard breeders and where the mother and father were never allowed to be seen. The lady was very upset as Mugsy attacked her cat quite severly at the weekend and she came home to a house full of blood and blood around the dogs face. She felt she had no ther alternative but to take her to the vets to be PTS.

I am so angry and sad at the same time because i know someone could have helped poor Mugsy - she just needed the training. She was only 3. I wish i met this lady before she went to the vet cos i would have taken Mugsy in and found someone or taken her to a kennel for a second chance. I feel so guilty i wasn't there to help her. I feel sorry for the lady who is very upset, but also angry at her aswell.

Just needed to share.

Sleep well Mugsy - run free babe xxxx

jodie x
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Thats a hard one i'm not sure how i feel sad or angry
the lady should of taken advise i'd like to know what the vet had said to her?
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:10 AM
I don't know how much to believe her - thats the problem. I see her quite often around the village drinking cans of beer, but everytime i see her on our walks she has always been nice and seemed to have the dogs interest at heart.

She told me she told the vet mugsy had attacked several dogs and savaged her cat. She said the vet said she was doing the best thing as once the dog had tasted blood it would want more. Thats the part i dont believe as i use the same vet.

But when i saw her last night she was sobbing her heart out and i just didnt know what to do.

All i know is that that poor little dog played on my mind all night and i even shed a tear for her.

jx
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:15 AM
this poor lady seems to have a split personality!
i just hope she did try everything possible and didn't give up on the poor little mite
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:18 AM
thats exactly how i feel - thats why i wish i saw her on saturday morning before she went to the vets - maybe i could have stopped her.

I read threads like this on here about people saving dogs and how peoples friends dog has died etc and where i live she was the only person i ever spoke to who had a dog. I just wish i could have helped!

jx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Sleep well little Mugsy

Otis don't feel guilty, you were not to know this would happen. you dont know that the lady told he vet really. she does sound mixed up.
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Try not to torment yourself you gave the lady advise she knew she could come to you. she chose not too!
There's isn't anything else you could do i'm amazed the vet put the dog down so fast

kxx
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Molly2606
Try not to torment yourself you gave the lady advise she knew she could come to you. she chose not too!
There's isn't anything else you could do i'm amazed the vet put the dog down so fast

kxx

I am too amazed - do you think i should ask the vet about it or just leave it be now?
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 09:30 AM
It depends if your like me i can't let things lie untill i know everything
but it depends on if the vet can give you that information. You might just make yourself feel a whole lot worse
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

21-04-2006, 09:36 AM
RIP Mugsy

Needlessy sent to Bridge before her time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >