Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
hope the hand heals soon hun

OT but is there any chance you could come to some sort of deal with your neighbour to walk the dogs together, so they get used to one another, that way IF they do get through the fence the situation may be less painful/upsetting for you and yours

did one of your dogs not get hurt the last time?

if they got on ok on a walk then you could let them have a short play in your garden with your lot?
Sounds like a good plan! if I were your n'bour I'd be bringing you a bottle of wine to say sorry and getting the fence fixed.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:28 PM
OT but is there any chance you could come to some sort of deal with your neighbour to walk the dogs together, so they get used to one another, that way IF they do get through the fence the situation may be less painful/upsetting for you and yours

did one of your dogs not get hurt the last time?

if they got on ok on a walk then you could let them have a short play in your garden with your lot?
We would, except for the fact that their dogs aren't walked. They are 'working' dogs - i.e. they go on a shoot sometimes, or are vermin-hunters. Most of the time they are locked in one of the stables. They very rarely go in the house (if at all). They have a Cocker Spaniel, a Springer Spaniel and 2 JRT's (1 grown and 1 puppy). They used to have a Border Terrier, but he has disappeared (given away/rehomed/died????).

Last time one of their dogs got into our garden (one of the spaniels) Max ripped 2 of his claws out

These are the same neighbours who don't seem to mind their dogs wandering up and down the road with no supervision or collars. We've called the dog warden out to them in the past, but as they have shelter, food, water and exercise, and aren't actually 'mistreated'; they just got a slap on the wrist and told to sort their fencing out.

I am truly at my wits end with what to do. From our side, the fencing is safe and secure. MY dogs can't get into their garden. However, the fencing on their side is in mild disrepair; and they don't seem to be overly bothered that their dogs can get into our garden.

As much as we talk to them about it, we get vague mumblings and promises of them mending their fence etc. Of course, I'm sure the tune would be different if their puppy had actually been injured by Max and Murphy.....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
We would, except for the fact that their dogs aren't walked. They are 'working' dogs - i.e. they go on a shoot sometimes, or are vermin-hunters. Most of the time they are locked in one of the stables. They very rarely go in the house (if at all). They have a Cocker Spaniel, a Springer Spaniel and 2 JRT's (1 grown and 1 puppy). They used to have a Border Terrier, but he has disappeared (given away/rehomed/died????).

Last time one of their dogs got into our garden (one of the spaniels) Max ripped 2 of his claws out

These are the same neighbours who don't seem to mind their dogs wandering up and down the road with no supervision or collars. We've called the dog warden out to them in the past, but as they have shelter, food, water and exercise, and aren't actually 'mistreated'; they just got a slap on the wrist and told to sort their fencing out.

I am truly at my wits end with what to do. From our side, the fencing is safe and secure. MY dogs can't get into their garden. However, the fencing on their side is in mild disrepair; and they don't seem to be overly bothered that their dogs can get into our garden.

As much as we talk to them about it, we get vague mumblings and promises of them mending their fence etc. Of course, I'm sure the tune would be different if their puppy had actually been injured by Max and Murphy.....
Ah I see, so its not really that straight forward, it just seems such a pity you and yours are being hurt and upset..

hugs

ETA: hows the hand?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:50 PM
ETA: hows the hand?
Little bit sore (being at work not helping!) but generally OK. No sign of swelling or redness/heat...

Went to see my aromatherapist at lunchtime and used some of her lavender and calendula salve on it to ease it a bit
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post

Argh! I've read so much about your neighbours that they annoy me and I don't even live next to them!!!

Could you turn this to your advantage? Would it be worth reporting this to the dog warden? Now that one of their dogs has actually injured a human due to them failing to secure their property could the warden not do something more than a warning?

What is going to happen to it next time if you don't get to it so quick? This situation is just too frustrating for words!!! Where's the emoticon for steam coming out of my ears????

J
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 06:45 PM
hope your OK hun
Funny I was just going to suggest aromatherapy, anything I get I cover with lavender and tea tree
works with the dogs too - infact lavender gives me happy sleepy puppies
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
hope your OK hun
Funny I was just going to suggest aromatherapy, anything I get I cover with lavender and tea tree
works with the dogs too - infact lavender gives me happy sleepy puppies
ha ha dont let billy connelly hear you saying that
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Just caught up with this hun, hope your wounds are ok ((hugs))
You've definitely got the neighbours from hell...
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 02:21 AM
so a dog bite you,and the dog is still next door,hummmm a dog bite is a dog bit no matter its size or age ..did you report this?the most responcable thing you could do is to report it ...whats next?a child...sorry so brash but iv read a few stories here at this site about dog bitesand some will prase a dog that bit someone ...if my dogo bit you ,you would call,wouldent you ,its you right and responcability...respectfully
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Go to hospital now. You need anti-tetanus, polio booster plus broad spectrum anti-biotics. Now! Yes - seriously!
ive been bitten couple times over the years and gone to hospital (i work in kennels).
i was given tetanus jabs but never had a doctor give me polio boosters or ever heard of that advice given before?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >