Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oh yes, if it is up to BT then it will probably be Christmas when we get online LOL

I'll wait until tonight and let O/H do it because the port is at the back of the tower so it means pulling all the computer out etc so I will leave it to him.

Thanks for the advice
That might be a better idea
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Just thought of something Foxy.

When i got this laptop home earlier,i put the broadband installation disc into it to load up the data.There was a hiccup and after a quick phone call to ntl-they told me it wasnt needed and just to plug the BB modem into the laptop.They were right and everything worked perfectly.The moment i plugged the modem in-a little box came up from botom right saying windows had detected new hardware.

The only think i had to do was re-configure outlook express to my email address.

Try plugging in the modem and see what happens-you may find its all up and running waiting for you.
they have made it much easy`re now for the people to connect up used to be a big problem as you say donīt even need to install the disk most times
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
That might be a better idea

Yes it will be better if he does it Fred because HE can be the one to vacuum behind the computer then and not me
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Yes it will be better if he does it Fred because HE can be the one to vacuum behind the computer then and not me
clever as usual didnīt expect anything else
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Just thought of something Foxy.

When i got this laptop home earlier,i put the broadband installation disc into it to load up the data.There was a hiccup and after a quick phone call to ntl-they told me it wasnt needed and just to plug the BB modem into the laptop.They were right and everything worked perfectly.The moment i plugged the modem in-a little box came up from botom right saying windows had detected new hardware.

The only think i had to do was re-configure outlook express to my email address.

Try plugging in the modem and see what happens-you may find its all up and running waiting for you.

Thanks Steve, we will give it a go tonight then Then when we have this up and running we have to figure out how to get the laptop and the other one upstairs on broadband too
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
clever as usual didnīt expect anything else

You know me sooooo well Fred

(Anyway I know something you don't - I know what Helen had for dinner today

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 03:14 PM
You know me sooooo well Fred
(Anyway I know something you don't - I know what Helen had for dinner today
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Did you see what i have
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/jus...iet_16896.html
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:17 PM
good idea
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-08-2005, 05:26 PM
We have just arranged Broadband today after the kind help from Fred :smt041

Anyway we have orded the package and they said it would be about 10 days until the modem comes as soon as the modem comes can we plug the modem and filter in and then wire it up to the laptop and other 2 desktops will we then be connected to our new broadband??? Broadband really confuses me!!! he he
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tom 1 :-)
We have just arranged Broadband today after the kind help from Fred :smt041

Anyway we have orded the package and they said it would be about 10 days until the modem comes as soon as the modem comes can we plug the modem and filter in and then wire it up to the laptop and other 2 desktops will we then be connected to our new broadband??? Broadband really confuses me!!! he he

Hi Tom, Are you with Wanadoo too? The modem and filters and setup cd came yesterday morning but we are still waiting for them to sort the line out and send us an email with our new password and email address so we can't do anything until we get that email
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >