Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2024, 06:08 AM

Monday 6th May 2024

Morning all. Typical Bank Holiday weather. Raining here and
it was supposed to have been the market on the Beach Green but I doubt it now. Hope you all have a good day with what ever weather you get. I will just do the usual and read and watch tele if anything is worth watching.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2024, 02:58 PM
Afternoon Brenda, we have had sunshine and cloud but it's been a pleasant day.
My knee appears on the mend...yay.
Not done anything at all today but I am treating myself to a curry.
Mums had no response to her message so I have sent a screenshot of the message she sent and told him that the least he can do is pay her back as she did him a kindness, he will either ignore the message or I will just get a load of abuse. He can't say that she's not been fair and actually she's been very patient with him
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2024, 03:35 PM
Afternoon all

Bright and sunny here sorry for thos eotherwaise weatherd LOL the forcast was rain though. have been to work and we were literally rammed, bank hol and sunshine.

Brenda Did the market arrive or was it cancelled?

Griff Do you think he has blocked your Mom or merely ignoring her. Whichever very rude and poor behaviour for someone who has done him a kindness.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2024, 04:26 PM
Kazz the market came but it rained all day until now. I didn't bother going down as I had bought Olives etc from Tesco. Anyway I did get a walk in and then just sat and watched tele and read. Hope you all have a good evening.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2024, 04:43 PM
Good evening everyone

Steve is being very rude to your mum after all she has done for him. Hope he has a rethink and pays her.

At least you managed to get out Brenda

Busy day for you Kazz

I have been absolutely no where. It has only this minute stoped raining. Even Teazle was reluctant to go our for quick wee. Still is was nice over Saturday and Sunday so got a lot done in the garden.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2024, 09:19 PM
I have literally just got a message from him now on WhatsApp.... saying he knows and he has £175 for her. He has sent it now so that we can't say bring it down....he has been off all weekend and was on WhatsApp earlier so would have seen the message. I thought he may have asked his friend Chris for money so I told him not to lend it him and why.
Shame about the weather for the market Brenda, it could have saved you some money though, we have farmers markets here...well used to before COVID and it was easy to spend a lot of cash!
Sue, so very sorry you have had a wet bank holiday.
Kazz, hopefully you have had the same weather as us.....I had a black vest on and as I was walking back with my curry, I could feel my back burning but it was obviously the vest absorbing the heat, I now know how Kota must feel lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2024, 09:40 PM
Hi all

It's been another glorious day here and another crowded one.

Had our usual trip out this morning and not done much else so a bit of a boring post.

Second carer to come tomorrow and it's a woman so it will be interesting to see how that goes

Steve sounds like a very rude and sulky fella Kelly. I hope your mum gets all her money back and soon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2024, 11:18 PM
Oooo hope Gary gets on o.k with her Chris, you don't need any hassle.
Steve has ADHD...I am utterly convinced of it, I have asked him to go to the drs to get an assessment arranged but he said they had no appointments that week.....I ring my drs and get an appointment same day...non urgent too. I just don't think he wants to get to the bottom of why he behaves the way he does, he has said he knows it's not normal and he doesn't mean to be how he is. He gets an idea in his head say to buy something and he literally can't stop until he has bought it..... To begin with it was cheap stuff and once he had bought it, it was o.k but lately it's been more expensive stuff.....like buying a projector to watch t.v when he has the latest 55 inch TV, he bought an ebike costing £1000 even though he could have paid my mum her money. He was looking at g shock watches that are around £200, he doesn't even wear watches! I talked him into a cheaper watch but before he bought it he spent hours and hours looking at them on YouTube... it's a bloody digital Casio watch like what was around in the 80's.
If things don't go his way, he gets very bad tempered, he wanted to pick me up the other week and I refused and he was not happy, then again the next day after I had told him I wasn't going to Currys with him, he called expecting me to go and when I said no...he got really snappy, same with Thursday, I appreciate he is worried about his sister but he was calling me to give him permission to take the day off work... expecting me to tell him to do it, he is an adult and can make his own decisions...I don't ask him for permission ( I don't ask anyone lol).
I have looked up ADHD in adults and he ticks pretty much every box, it's just sad because I think with a diagnosis and treatment he would have a much happier life.
All he ever says is that he doesn't know any different...he has always been like it so it's normal to him......he does accept it's not normal though. I can only hope that my replacement will do a better job than me and I tried my best to get him to get help so if he does himself in....well, that's his choice. I must be p*ssed off because I haven't even checked how Molly is