Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 12:37 PM

I shouldn't laugh but...

I shouldn't laugh but...

2 guys from the groundworks company came to collect the dumper truck we had used this morning.

Completely ignoring the signs on the gate which say "Caution - Dogs Running Free" and "Watch Out - Boxers About"...

And completely ignoring the 12 stone of barking, growling, snapping, hackles-up Boxers on the other side, they came through the gate...

Cue me, rushing outside (I'd been putting shoes on) and finding 2 huge workmen cornered in my garden, absolutely bricking themselves, whilst Max and Murphy stood about 2ft away, barking and lunging, standing on their hind legs and 'boxing', for all they were worth, pretty pleased that they'd 'apprehended' the burglars....

You'd think that being able to see and hear dogs as they approached the fence/gate would have given them pause...
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Just proves how dim people really are! They deserved what they got for their stupidity IMO!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2012, 12:41 PM
While I can see the funny side, my Boxer in guard dog mode was far scarier than my Dobermanns tbh but that's why my side gate is locked and no one can access where my dogs are running free. My side access is actually gated at both ends too.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 12:43 PM
We have no choice but to have a gate that opens from both sides... it's the only access into our garden space...

I was pretty shocked they hadn't just knocked on the door, tbh, and had just come through the gate, when there is an obvious, very loud, dog presence.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2012, 12:47 PM
My gate opens from both sides it has a lock and key

I see your point entirely they must have been idiots to venture through the gate when Max and Murphy were clearly advertising their presence.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Most people where I live have more sense than to walk downt eh side of my house to the rear gate.

However, my neighbours, although claim to be afrid of the dogs will quite happily throw things at them, jab sticks at them etc through the side gate. So I've just had to invest £800 in new fencing running from the side gate at the back of the house right up to the pavement with an additional, locked gate in the middle.

In a nutshell, if people don't like my dogs, they should stay away. If they're not invited in, they should stay away.

Anyone who doesn't heed the warning (such as the "Caution - Dogs Running Free" sign) deserve everythign they get (although they may not get everything they deserve!!).

Some peopel are right muppets. maybe you should have asked if either of them could read or if either of them were hard of hearing o visually impaired? If not, then it's down to basic stupidity! And there's nothing you can do about that.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Some people are stupid .....
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 06:09 PM

serves them right for being ignorant
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran