Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-04-2015, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I'm still not over Skye Kenny.

I managed OK at the time but I still have my moments and your post about Harvey struck a chord.
Phil I'm so sorry if my thread brought up bad emotions.

These lovely little selfless creatures really affect us don't they.

It's strange, I grew up in deepest Norfolk, my parents always had dogs, duck, chickens, rabbits, cats, geese and goats.

And yeah, when any of them passed, especially the dogs, there was sadness but nothing like what your own dogs passing causes.

If anyone ever told me that I would find a soul mate for want of a better word, mate meaning friend in this context, that I would have a connection on such a deep level and a bond that I can not begin to describe then I would not have believed it.

If Harvey had been human and a female I would have proposed I recon because he was in every way my perfect companion.

I am therefore not surprised that you are finding it hard to get over her loss. The bond we have with these special souls goes beyond the power of human words to even begin to describe.

I really am truly sorry about Skye (which I think is a lovely name) and again I can only say sorry if my threads have affected you in any way.

But thank posting your own thread onto mine as it gave me chance to read your beautiful words and to see that lovely picture. What a girl, what a beautiful beautiful girl.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by KennyUK View Post
Phil I'm so sorry if my thread brought up bad emotions.

These lovely little selfless creatures really affect us don't they.

It's strange, I grew up in deepest Norfolk, my parents always had dogs, duck, chickens, rabbits, cats, geese and goats.

And yeah, when any of them passed, especially the dogs, there was sadness but nothing like what your own dogs passing causes.

If anyone ever told me that I would find a soul mate for want of a better word, mate meaning friend in this context, that I would have a connection on such a deep level and a bond that I can not begin to describe then I would not have believed it.

If Harvey had been human and a female I would have proposed I recon because he was in every way my perfect companion.

I am therefore not surprised that you are finding it hard to get over her loss. The bond we have with these special souls goes beyond the power of human words to even begin to describe.

I really am truly sorry about Skye (which I think is a lovely name) and again I can only say sorry if my threads have affected you in any way.

But thank posting your own thread onto mine as it gave me chance to read your beautiful words and to see that lovely picture. What a girl, what a beautiful beautiful girl.
Hi Kenny - my reply to your thread somehow took me me back to my Skye and I realised I hadn't replied to your post. I read both our threads tonight and I have to say - the tears fell.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Holy thread revival lol

Being an IWH I've had to keep young Willow's walks a big short.

This evening though - we did the local hill walk.

I kept her on the flexi (which she's so good at) yet the slow place let my mind wander.

So many memories of walking Skye.

We used to have a 'hiding tree' where he'd run on, I'd tuck in behind, and he'd run back in a panic thinking he'd lost me.

The hiding tree is obviously still there but we walked on by albeit with a smile on my face.

The bench at the top of hill was a nice moment. I'd always take a breather with Skye at my feet. It was spooky how Willow got to the same bench and lay down in exactly the same spot. Perhaps she knew and it was lovely to sit and think back.

Anyway - it was great to go on that walk again after such a long time.
Toocool2btrue
New Member!
Male 

10-02-2016, 04:14 AM
Sorry for ur loss. Its so sad losing a pet. But dogs are always special. I have never confronted such a situation. But after reading ur post i couldn't stop myself. He is so great looking and lovely. Rest in peace Skye.
(Sorry for the nooby question, is skye his name or name of the breed ?)
Toocool2btrue
New Member!
Male 

10-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Sorry, forgot to look at the date.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Toocool2btrue View Post
Sorry, forgot to look at the date.
That's fine