Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah0126
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2010, 07:03 PM

Help! Bitten dog

Hi all,

Just need some advice, we were just walking to the fields for our evening walk and a lady was walking her boxer dog and her child (looked about 4) she said oh you puppy is soo cute etc etc then her boxer all of a sudden bit Rolo on the nose!!
Rolo yelped and squeeled and the woman was very apologetic saying he's never done that before.
I couldn't see any immediate damage and we went across the fields and Rolo was fine.
But then half way round she came over to me and I could see just above her nose was bleading a little and there was a scrape mark along it that was red.
I have since come home and cleaned it with luke warm water and cotton wool, she seems fine and it's only tiny but would anyone recommend doing anything else?
Sorry about the essay.

Thanks

Sarah
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi,

what I would do is monitor the wound: take a photo now, keep the dog close to you tonight (if for no other reason then because it's had a nasty experience...) and compare the photo with the situation tomorrow morning... If it looks worse (or if there's trouble tonight)... Call a vet first thing tomorrow.... Did the other owner tell you if her dog has had all the necessary inoculations? If not, I would definately call a vet for advice..... Better safe then sorry!!!!

Why do these things often happen on friday nights?

Good luck and I really hope you have a quiet night!!!

Claire
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 10:32 PM
I would bathe it in tepid saline [ie add salt to the tepid water] as it will act like a disinfectant. If no better tomorrow, I would definitely phone my vet.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I would bathe it in tepid saline [ie add salt to the tepid water] as it will act like a disinfectant. If no better tomorrow, I would definitely phone my vet.
Took the words out of my mouth. Im sure it will be fine, but as advised any worries tomorrow just pop along to the vets
sarah0126
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi all bathed with salt water last night and she was fine this morning, looking for her morning walk as always.
The swelling appears to have gone down will continue to monitor, thanks for the advice!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Thats great news. Just for a day or two bathe in saline
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Thats great news. Just for a day or two bathe in saline