Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 06:46 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Good morning all Dogsey peops

Oh what a beautiful morning it is too, after yesterday's bitter winds, not a leaf is stirring, wall to wall sunshine and not a cloud in sight......but where are the birdies??? They're up late, I can't hear a single bird out there this morning - do they have a lie in on Sundays too then

I'm surprised I got up this morning, and when I did, I wish I hadn't, my neck and top half of my back is seriously painful, but that's all the lifting we did yesterday and trying to fold the high computer chair around the utility room door - it was quite a feat in itself having to work it out prior to lifting and 3 times out of 4 it just wouldn't go

So, so busy yesterday. Did the van change over, then summoned Dave up to the park to meet the builder to sort out this underground stream which has to be diverted away from one of the steps in the garden. That's going to cost, but it's got to be done, and he'll also build the small patio. Now that the house is finished (for me anyway!) I'm directing Dave's attention to his caravan now because not long to go before I have proper guests in there mid-June.

I keep thinking about how I've got to be very good today and not eat anything norty with that blood test tomorrow morning, otherwise they'll try and get me on those awful statins again and they just don't realise without reading ALL of my notes how much damage they caused me in the past and I ended up seeing a special doc in the lab at the hospital who decided there was one more I could try, but that one gave me a severe headache for 17 hours, so I will bin them if they put me on them again

Sorry, but I haven't kept up at all, but Dave's only here 2 days a week now and we have had lots to do. Well, Dave does most of the do-ing whilst I supervise and do my bit elsewhere. It's all come together now, but I do need yet another rug, a bigger one for the main area of the lounge cos I want to shove the current one around the corner.

Talk about blooming Karma you know "that" lamp shade it's only gone and broken hasn't it, the top part of the little ring that sits on the light fitting on the table lamp has come adrift, so if you move the lamp itself the shade lops sideways Can't really take it back can I, see, that Karma always happens doesn't it, I'm so glad I'm normally such a good girl

Hope the sun is shining where you are, hope you're all doing well along with the doglets, and enjoy your Sunday, but I'm afraid I won't be around much cos somehow I just know I'll be busy with Dave again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning Helena not surprised you ache all over.
Not to worry we will help you with the naughty eating thing by eating all the naughty things for you.
Oh dear sounds like Dunelms are out to get you.

We are sorting out to get in the car to go to Northampton for the Bernese garden party again this year. It is likely to be very windy it always is and it is a bit breezy here too and a chill to the wind but as long as it stays dry I don't mind to much.
Dillon was only 6 months old when we took him last year and still very cutish puppy now he is 18 months old and more handsome dog. I hope he behaves himself.

I will catch everyone later this evening. Have a nice and safe Sunday all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Morning Lynn, Safe journey and have a lovely day up there, I do remember you talking about making some lunch for this trip, don't forget Dillon's lunch or he'll certainly be showing you up!!! Sounds a fab day Lynn, can't wait to hear all about it and maybe see some pics
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning H, Lynn and all.

We have a dog show on about 7 miles away so I thought as it was Lilys birthday I would take her today as she loves things like that. I'm not feeling brilliant today but hopefully once we get there I will feel better.
Today is sadly Charly and Ash's last day together as he leaves early hours in the morning to go away on his 2 year stint, I can see lots of tears and I know I am going to miss him terribly too.
H I hope your back and neck ease up soon and Lynn enjoy the garden party.

Take care all and have a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Good morning Helena, Lynn and the gang that follow.

We had a lovely, but exhausting day yesterday. Just about all the family turned up including many of my nephews, nieces and I even met my grand-niece who was having her first birthday for the first time yesterday. The road was like a car park, the kitchen like a shoe shop (we always take our shoes off before going in the lounge) and the living room like a florists . It was so lovely to see everyone. My mam enjoyed it, but needed a sleep when we all finally left. My wonderful sister laid on a buffet (two platefuls of which are in my fridge - we'll never be able to eat it all) that included freshly roasted beef and port and even a full, fresh salmon.

I had problems both going and coming back with back ache in the car and it's still tender this morning - oh the joys of getting old.

Rosie got mahoosive cuddles all the time we were there. She took an exceptional liking to my nephew's girlfriend who was happy to have her on her knee

Today is bright and breezy to say nothing of a little chilly. The sun is shining now, but we've had a few odd spots of rain so heaven knows what it's planning for the rest of the day. Me? I'm planning our same old so that we can chill out a bit.

Have a good 'un all and enjoy that garden party, Lynn xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 07:13 AM

Sorry H that lamp really made me laugh!!!!
Lynn hope you enjoy your day with all those doggies

So now I'm about to cook a mahoosive brekkie for my guests.
This afternoon I shall be invaded by everyone visiting the visitors
Then it will be a traditional Sunday roast
Catch you all later.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning all, hope you feel abit better today H, take it easy for a change.

Lynn and Bev have a good day..don't forget pics..

Hope everyone else is well, have a good one all xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

12-05-2013, 07:58 AM

I am exhausted just reading about all you manage to get done in one day Nechda, no wonder you need your nanny naps!

I am a bit out of the loop at the moment due to Pereg still not being right so I seem to have either missed on a lot of happenings or have forgotten what I have read within minutes of reading it.

Have a safe journey and a good time at the Bernese garden party Lynn - I hope the weather is good for you, and Bev I hope Lily enjoys the dog show [and that you feel better once you are there. Poor Charly and Ash - I hope you have stocked up on tissues.

Chris, I am embarrassed to say that I have no idea what yesterday's celebration was for, please forgive me. Also Jenny - I seem to have missed all about your visitors. I seem to be suffering from CRS Syndrome - Cannot Remember Sh!t

Have a good day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor

12-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning fellow members a good start to the day with the washing on the line, Chloe walked, a batch of bread rising and the kitchen floor washed. Next job is the ironing.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you decide to do
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Well Good morning to one and all
The sun is shinning and all is good with the World. I may make a venture into the garden first thing there again maybe not........Yeah think I will
Also have got to go and buy a kitchen cabinet, then build it up as well as buy, cut and fit the worktop too.
Already been out with Sal who is now back asleep having had her walk and a rather energetic game of fetch in the garden.
Other than that - have a great Sunday.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »