Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2012, 07:17 AM

Morning. Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning all. First apologies if I missed anyone who came on during the evening yesterday and looking this morning it seems Lorraine had a good party.
I was a little tired after spending the morning with the three Grandchildren shopping for Mark and Tracey. George 14 was easy Owen and Joel ten well you need eyes in the back of your head and the excitement at having £10 each from Granddad to spend on them was a bit overwhelming, for them and us.
They were very good but it was crowded and we were terrified of losing the younger ones its quite a few years since we have done this with our own.
They were very good though as they usually are and as soon as they got home rushed upstairs with the sellotape and paper we bought and had fun wrapping their surprises.

It is a warm and damp day here today. Apart from walking Dillon in a while not much on maybe pop out to see some christmas displays to try to get in the christmas spirit and start to write some christmas cards.

I hope all that are feeling poorly feel better today. The same for any four legged friends.

Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

It's so dark for this time of the morning, I thought it was the middle of the night when Zena came in to tell me her dad was up by planting a little kiss on my nose Couldy out there, so no sunshine for us today then, but at least it's dry. Nice of DD to pop in again last night on her way to bed and hoover up all those crumbs

Sounds like those grandkids wore you out yesterday Lynn, good job Christmas is only once a year then!

We're having a quiet, do nothing day today, and I know I keep saying it, but I really must get up to that van and check on that fire I left on last Wednesday, but I'm sure it's ok left on an Eco setting. Roast lamb for lunch, Tesco had a half price offer yesterday so I made the most of that and shoved one in the freezer for Christmas.

Hope everyone is well today along with their doglets, so enjoy your Sunday
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Good morning all,
Wow is it dark or what, i thought my clock must be wrong but no i checked the downstairs one and it was right.
Number2 son is coming today to clear the guttering out,he's the only one in the family who doesn't mind heights well he's 6"ft 2". so he's used to being high up lol.
He will be bringing ollie so i will be getting a puppy fix and kisses.He's a typical lab and wants do everything and play at 50 miles an hour.Later i will be snoooozing.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Morning all

Lynn your day sounds lovley yesterday children are made for Christmas and vice versa. Memories are made of that special time.
Helena you are right I woke this morning and thought hey whats going on. Its the middle of the night? Then realised it wasn't at all - so got up Sal was asking for her walk so obliged and off we went (I have updated her health thread) got the papers on the way home and a couple slices of bacon for me. I have since had bacon toast with brown sauce. and coffee . Now considering the next thing for the day - my plans are putting up the Christmas lights outside as we put the tree up yesterday and I have to tell you all "IT'S BEGINING TO FEEL A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS"
I also have to go the farm shop and see what pork they have in as a change to the past is happening this Christmas we are having Turkey on SUnday 23rd and then Prok Christmas day as I adore Turkey sarnies and turkey and chips but working boxing day means I don't really get to enoy them. SO this year going in reverse and Christmas eve is always so busy here presents people dropping in me dropping out to drop in somewhere else, Mom would like to go to Church Christmas eve this year too so I will be going there not done that in years - Mom has started to go back to church lately after a period of absence (actually 30 years) since my Nan died. In fact seems more of us my be going than she realises as my nieces and sister in law are planning on joinging us Mom will be pleased (not tole her yet just in case) be like a Christmas present surprise to see them there for her.

Well thats is I plan on writing a Christmas card or thirty today too and now thinking need to get the ladder out.

If I have missed anyone posting while I am - sorry have a good day all.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Morning all, its a dark one here too.
going to have a lazy one today apart from the ironing

Have a good one all, stay safe xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Morning Lynn, Helena, Lynnb, Kazz and all who follow ,

What a drab day after yesterday's wonderful sun, but maybe we all see some sun later. I love it when the sun is out 'cos the dogs will lie in the hall where the sun comes in for hours - when there is no sun the race around playing tag instead

Hoping to put the tree up today. We lost most of our lights last year so it will involve doing a trip to buy some more. Like last year I'll have to block off the back of the settee which forms part of the dogs' race track, otherwise they'll race straight in to the tree ..... they won't be happy and I hope the don't do what they did once before and that was go over the back of the settee They'll be two soon, so surely they must be due to calm down very soon?

I hope you all have a lovely day - Mmmmm, talking about bacon sandwiches I think I might have to make a couple.

See you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Morning JB, you posted as I did.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2012, 08:42 AM
'morning Lynn and all above

Again we have sunshine but still the snow is lying on the ground, not surprising as it was minus 12 C last night and up in the mountains which is only about 12 Kms away it was reportedly minus 27 C it has been a cold winter so far.

Lots of little jobs to sort out today, finish of the tree and try to get outside lights working, I'm not optimistic on that one but we'll see.

Best wishes to all of you.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Cloudy & quite mild here this morning,

Not doing much today,apart from cooking a nice roast beef lunch and bit of housework later this evening,going to throw the hoover over the bedrooms,landing & stairs

Have a good day all x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Morning all

Ahh Lynn, I'm sure your Grandchildren had a brilliant time with you.

We dragged down the decorations yesterday - talk about excitement. Carys is determined to decorate it herself but all the decorations are concentrated at child height. I will move them around a bit when she's not looking.

Christmas card writing today. Have a super day everyone.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »