Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-01-2012, 10:46 AM

Phelen - 5 year old male German Shepherd in South Wales

Phelan is a 5 year old long haired German Shepherd and is currently living in kennels in South Wales.

The Phelan Fact File
Dog status: Very good
Cat status: Unknown
Child status: Good but is a bouncy dog and will be too clumsy for small children.
House training: Perfect
Home alone: He can be left for up to 4 hours but has always had other dogs for company in previous home
Basic training: Good

Hello everybody, my name is Phelan and I am here to introduce myself and tell you all about the sort of home I am looking for. I am currently living in a boarding kennel as I had to be returned to Hope after a change in my owners circumstances. My last family were very sad to see me go and want me to let you know it was through no fault of my own.

Ideally I am looking for a permanent new home but even if you can just offer me a temporary B&B foster home that would be better than kennels.

I love other dogs and have lived with a large pack of dogs in the past of various shapes, sizes and ages. I am used to sharing my bed and toys. I could live with other dogs in a new home or equally I wouldn't mind being centre of attention and the only dog. I like meeting new canine friends out on walks and I can be let off the lead for a run around and come back when I am called (once I get to know someone).

I have never lived with one of those interesting little creatures they call a cat. I am not sure how I would respond to sharing a house with them so I may be best not finding out!

I love people and will bond very closely with my famliy and love to spend time with them out and about on walks or relaxing on the sofa afterwards. I can be left alone without humans and was used to being on my own for up to 4 hours at a time in my previous home. However, I always had other dogs around to entertain me so I was never fully alone. If I were rehomed as the only dog I would like a new owner who could build up any time I had to spend alone gradually.

I love to jump and explore so I will be looking for a new home with a secure garden so that I can resist the temptation. 6 foot fences would be best.

I have lived with young teenagers before and I have always been good with children i have met out on walks or who have visited the home. However, as I have not lived with young children full time the good people at Hope feel I would be best rehomed with children over the age of 8 years. As I am a big and clumsy dog it would be best if any children or teenagers I live with are used to dogs so that they don't get offended if I step on their toe or knock in to them when I run to get my ball.

I love to travel in the car and will settle down for a snooze or watch the world go by out of the window. I don't even mind if the trip ends at the vets, I always greet them with a wag of my tail and I am very good while they handle me.

I will absolutely require an active home. I am not looking to spend all day relaxing. I love to be out exploring the world and letting off steam in the fields. I will need two good walks per day and would also like something to do with my brain such as sniffing out hidden toys in the long grass on my walks, some training like agility or tricks etc.

I am neutered, vaccinated and microchipped like all Hope dogs.

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and microchipped prior to rehoming. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK. A Pre-Home Interest Form can be downloaded from the Hope Rescue forums.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 02:38 PM
He looks lovely. Hope he is rehomed permanently soon.
Closed Thread