Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Quite good news at the vets with Georgie

Well, I saw the original vet this morning who saw me a month ago with Georgie's ears. She said the swelling had gone down all around his neck on his right side which was good coz apparently it was very, very swollen. What she thinks is happening is that he has a very deep inner ear infection and the ab's can't quite clear it up, that's why it all erupted again last Friday and I had to see the other vet. So, 2 more weeks of ab's, a couple of Rimadyl's should I feel the need before I can get to a vet (which was nice of her!) and finish off the drops I already have. If it's not gone by the time I go back in2 weeks' time, then we'll have to knock him out and operate to open up the canal to let it drain naturally, otherwise it will always be a problem for him, it sort of goes with the territory with his Pyoderma. Obviously, they'll give them a good flushing out at the same time. I'm quite pleased with his progress at the moment though, so fingers crossed it will all be gone in 2 weeks, but you never know. Thanks for listening
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Good news H! Lets hope it all clears up for him. I know a few dogs that have had this.
Out of interest does he also get full anal glands a lot?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Well I've never looked??? I don't know?? I didn't think gsd's suffer with this coz none of mine ever have! How would I know if he was, is there a sign??? I'd be interested to know! Mind you, he gets half a dozen raw carrots every day and they're very good for that sort of thing, so I shouldn't think so. Maybe I should get them checked out next time I go to the vets?

His ear problem is solely related to his pyoderma which he's had all his life, they go together, both vets have told me this, plus I knew it anyways!

Thanks for the info you previously gave me coz it looks like we'll be going down that road next time, I'd like it one once and for all, I couldn't let him go through what he did last Friday ever again. x
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Good news - paws crossed for you here!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear Georgie is on the mend,lets hope the ab's clear it up properly for him and you don't have to have him knocked out for a small op.
Hopefully you can start to relax a little.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:19 PM
You'd know if they were full as he'd 'scoot' adn occassionally empty them close to you....BAD smell. It can make dogs jibble at themselves as well,especially theirfront paws.
I asked because when I have had a dog with an ear infection in the past, they have been nibbling at their skin and have had full anal glands...it all seems to go together, but that could be the breeds I've had.(Although the GSD X was the same!)
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:21 PM
That's good news for Gerogie, glad he is on the mend!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
You'd know if they were full as he'd 'scoot' adn occassionally empty them close to you....BAD smell. It can make dogs jibble at themselves as well,especially theirfront paws.
I asked because when I have had a dog with an ear infection in the past, they have been nibbling at their skin and have had full anal glands...it all seems to go together, but that could be the breeds I've had.(Although the GSD X was the same!)
Eeeeeeuuuuwwww, no haven't noticed any of that A!!!! I'm pleased to say Mind you he DOES nibble at his front feet a lot, but then he always has favoured his feet with his pyoderma, mmmmmm, might definitely get them checked out at the vets next time - and stand well clear of course!!!!

Thanks Rachel
Thanks Lynn, yes I don't really want him knocked out poor boy, and I'd hate to leave him all alone at the vets after what's just happened here with Cassie, he wouldn't cope with that at the moment, he's very clingy to me in the day

Thanks Random,hope you can say the same for Maddy too!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm so pleased for both you and Georgie, can get distressing cant it. Hope he continues to improve.

I got the all clear today at the vets also with Ozzie's paw yey!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Shaza, you must be well pleased too then, thank goodness it's clearing up, it could have ended up like that tail of his!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >