register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2013, 11:15 AM
LOL they were probably grateful the jrt didn't end up as supper!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Oh if you read some of Malka's posts, she too has been accused of being vicious and biting someone. The fact that Pereg could not possibly have reached the pathway because she is on a long line, had obviously escaped the woman's notice.
Makes me laugh people's attitudes to my dogs. My near neighbours think they're stunning and know how good natured they are. Some others are a bit more wary.
There are 2 elderly (well OK even older than me) with out of control collies that live nearby, both these dogs have had numerous episodes with my dogs, one even coming through a fence at Cariad, yet it is MY dogs they are scared of I know who I'd prefer
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I don't get any of this cr@p, no one has ever accused my dogs of anti social behaviour. We've had a few gobsmacked with awe as we walk past fully under control and without so much as a sideways glance. Especially if walking with my friends and their 3 Dobermans too. We seem to stun people into silence if anything. Maybe staffies are just so common around where we walk no one bats an eye. I had one very grateful jrt owner who couldn't apologise enough when Diesel came back when called with his jrt hanging off his face. It took 3 of us to get him off.
It's very odd isn't it. I also wonder if because Tonks is black more or less it makes it worse. A a puppy once I was carrying her and a woman said 'aww how lovely. Is she a lab?" She'd got her hand almost to her when I said no she was a staffie. She was visible shocked and then said 'uh, we'll ill stroke her now but not when she's grown up. I was gob smacked, think Tonks was about nine weeks old, can't quite remember what I said. She then went on to sing the praises of CM and how marvellous he was with dogs. I had regained myself a bit by then and said that although, to a novice, he may look great he was actually very cruel, used unscientific methods and there were may law suits against him for injuring people's dogs..and if you were to use his methods you would end up with an unhappy if not dangerous dog. I advised she research the APDT and clicker training. She just said something like 'well I don't know about that I think he's wonderful'
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2013, 11:28 AM
LOL never a truer statement

'well I don't know about that'

sums it up in a nutshell really

they admit they don't know, but continue giving 'advice'
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6