register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Unbelievable,my car passed its MOT, failed on one thing which was the windscreen washers, which I told them about, so they did that, and I have an advisory for corrosion on the inner wing. I cancelled my week for nothing
Alun's made a good start on the back wall and is finishing off tomorrow.
The rest of the week is mine to do with as I please
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Oo well done car for passing and getting a rosette. now that you have put off stuff to do the time is yours.BG!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Unbelievable,my car passed its MOT,
Congrats I don't know why but I always imagine the worst when my car goes in for it's MoT
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Oh June, that is absolutely wonderful news. I am so relieved for you, just when you needed things to start to go right for you. Hope you get your roof tile sorted.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Alun sorting roof tile, we've had a look at it, the pointing around the ridge tiles they've done is a right mess, looks like they've iced them Why they have done stuff to mine I have no idea, but they have.
Made my 2nd lot of Golden Paste just now. Zen couldn't believe her luck when she went to the little park and was allowed more freedom, of course she then decided to push her luck, who can blame her though after so long not being able to leap about.
So happy about my car, they said to me I had the big one last year so this year was the little one
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Good day folks.
Pleased your motor got a pass June - could this be the start of a run of good luck for you - do hope so!
Feeling quite bright today, MRI early tomorrow, see what they have got to suggest. Took dogs for a swim today all would have been lovely until a trespasser came bowling over and let his large black mongrel fly over to my lot snarling as it came. I've no doubt a good vet will be able to put it back together, fortunately I was only 10 yards or so away and so was able to intervene before Fagin actually killed it. His last words to me were reference a prosecution for keeping savage animals. Good luck with that one! I'm sick to death of people with unruly animals going where they should't and then blaming everyone else for their misdemeanour. The trouble being of course, is that his ignorance and bloody mindedness got his dog seriously injured.
Enough moaning from me - do hope that everyone has had a decent day and that the cooler weather is proving more agrreable for folks.
Bye for now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2016, 07:19 PM
LG,I hope this bloke doesn't push things with you as regards his dog, the changes to the law as regards dog attacks are pretty scary and you turn into a sitting duck if the wrong type decides to go for the sympathy vote
Best of luck at MRI tomorrow, and hope they come up with ideas to help the current situation
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Problem with dogs being uncontrolled is if it is private land or not. Lots of loop hole's.
We always give a small talk about the DDA at classes and you would be amazed, actually probably not, on how many don't know what it entails.Well corrie back on then eden and record brief encounters. Bfn. Good luck tomorrow Gordon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2016, 07:30 PM
evening all
flat out busy here!!!! kota rolled on a bit of wood or something so had to be rushed to the vet for an operation, she now has a lovely shaved patch and internal stitches. I am doing o.k, i did speak to steve saturday....purely as i was worried about him and the dogs, i was up the hospital and one of the drivers stopped me and asked if i had heard about him...i said no, apparently he had another funny turn, his blood pressure shot sky high, luckily he had the sense to pull the bus over so nobody was hurt, the driver who told me didn't realise i had been seeing him, thought we were friends and didn't want to make me feel guilty, i said i would call and check he was o.k... mainly for the dogs really, i tried to call, no answer so i rung his mobile, no answer so left a message and went into hospital, when i came out i got a text asking if i'd called, so i rung him back, he has to have some tests, take some medication and the most important part....he has asked for help with his emotional issues, they are sending him to a councillor.....so if my being hurt has finally made him get the help he needs to sort out his life and the guilt over his brothers death then i guess it is worth it, he did ask how i was and i said fine, just said you know me, every day is an adventure as i never know what i am getting but i survive and left it at that
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Oh dear, trust Kota, any other dog would roll on stuff and nothing would happen, Kota has to have a vets bill the length of the Mersey Sorry to hear about Steve,hoping it helps him now he's decided to talk to someone. I never had time for all of that, thought it totally stupid. When my doctor got me to go and talk to someone on a regular basis it turned out to be the best thing I did and I came to terms with lots of stuff and learned how to deal with it all.
Well I must have really got mysef psyched up for a disasterous and expensive MOT because I feel totally drained and ready to sleep for a week
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >