register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Yes that is definitely the type of injury that needs careful watching and am surprised they didn't want to see him again. Hoping your doctors are slightly more on the ball. Still can't get my head around the throwaway comment ' you could lose your leg' but no one actually shifting themselves to make sure he didn't
Used the cool mats for the puppies last year and they were obviously happy on them. Once the weather had cooled they made great toys, they had wonderful tug of wars with them, not what was in my mind, rescued one of them, the rest weren't salvageable
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Good morning

Get the mower out Brenda and blow the neighbours. As Gordon said should be up anyway at that time

Pleased Joel's leg is a little better Lynn and who better than you with your experience to keep an eye on it.

Good luck with the shopping Nippy and enjoy your meal this evening

Hope tip trip goes well June.

Good morning Gordon and Moyra and anyone I have missed.

Out early with Teazle was quite a bit cooler then. Been into town and paid Barry's credit card bill as that is due for payment just as we get back and I will have enough to do then Lovely walk along the sea front, sea as calm as a mill pond

Have a good day and stay safe and as cool as possible for both two and four legged.

Have a safe journey to pick Lara up Harvey and we will all be waiting for the pictures.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Oh dear naughty puppies.
That's Princess alexandra in Harlow for you they said to Mark he needs an appointment at the doctor Monday by then we had decided he would come here so I arranged it at our local surgery.
The King's Lynn hospital were very reluctant to sign me off to the Doctor I had to jump through hoops to let me go there and make mine and Gorden's life easier.
The Doctors took good care of me except for that dressing mess up when that poor nurse had worked all day on her own and no break. They did open up for us that had bad dressings on the Saturday morning to sort it.
He wants to go back to harlow for some of his holiday to see his mates. He can stay at a friends but we will have to see what the doctors see about aftercare for the leg first.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Well I have done the mowing, done the housework and been down the river to wash the clothes with a stone. Taken Tyto out twice. Made dinner and eaten it, now waiting for that scintillating programme Neighbours to come on. What exciting things have you peeps done? Have a good rest of day. I plan to just read. A good book by Kate Ellis called The Death Season. Its a crime novel and set in the UK, makes a change.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Everyone been out. Zen's gait isn't spot on, she is vastly improved though, gave her another good do with the undercoat rake and got quite a bit out, there's still lumps I can feel on her back near her tail, just have to keep at them.
If she continues like this I'll have her on the little park on a lunge line from Monday so she has a bit more freedom but can't practice her barrel roll or back flips which I am sure she wants to. Gone quite dull and cloudy here, pretty overcast, still warm, and its still a t shirt day.
Took stuff to the tip, called in at the car wash place and hoovered car, so all I have to do now is clean the windows on the inside and give it a wipe over, then I'll take it through the car wash on Sunday. So at least it'll look less like a skip when it has its MOT.
I've called in at Asda as I have no bread and very little milk, usually buy enough for the week and freeze it. The milk had a little pinprick hole in the bottom though, left it out to defrost overnight, luckily in a plastic tray, and next morning there was milk everywhere, and not sure if I have enough for tomorrow, probably be OK actually. Got 2 granary loaves for £1, one will freeze and I'm just about to make cheese and tomato butties with the other one, well some of it.
Been looking at the cool coats myself, Lynn. Won't have enough to buy one this year, because got not only the MOT, but the pointing and painting in the kitchen, but will probably buy a couple over the winter for next year as they seem an excellent idea.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2016, 02:03 PM
June - part of the recovery plan for greys with growing pains was that upon resuming walking out after the kennel rest period they would choose a steady uphill walk of half a mile or so, extending this as recovery continues. Can't for the life of me remember why it was to be uphill but this was the recommended way (there obviously is a reason but it eludes me!)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 02:14 PM
I would think the muscles would be encourage to stretch perhaps. Not sure if the uphill walking is for me, it may finish me off We have a massive hill, I have walked it a few times, prefer the car myself. I've watched cyclists get off their bikes and push because they can no longer pedal its that steep.
The village is set between 2 hills, neither of them easy to walk. I'll think about that one. Thanks for the input LG, I'm still going to keep her on the baked potatoes as a filler, plus everyone is having grated white cabbage in with their veg and I'm concentrating on just giving Zen white veg rather than the orange veg as less sugar content. Give it another few weeks and I'll look at it again according to what type of progress she has made
Are you doing well in yourself and is everything working now, or working as well as it can in the circumstances of course
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 03:00 PM
Afternoon everyone brenda you have been busy glad Zen is improving all sounding good.
I was told when Dillon was a puppy and had to rest for cruciate that wasn't in the end cruciate and lost muscle uphill walking is good for them his breeder gave me that snippet of information.
Joel and I went shopping and our last call was for Dillons mince from the pet shop at Downham. He got out of the car and said nan my burn wound is leaking, it wasn't lots but enough to make me think Doctors on the way home. Had to register him got his year date for birth wrong and didn't think he had any middle names. He does of course one is James after my dad and Gary after his uncle who died young. they must of thought I was the worlds worst nan, surprised they didn't want to check me out that I was who I said I was. My mind went completely blank.
Saw a lovely nurse who said that's normal and the wound is healing beautifully and it is. She redressed it better than the hospital did fingers crossed the dressing stays on in bed and will see him Monday.
I explained his dad had put him in my care and about my hand and I certainly didn't want Joel to have any secondary infections.
Joel is happier he was getting concerned the dressing was looking yellow where the wound was leaking but we now know that's ok and normal.
Put shopping away and completely cream crackered.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Pleased to know the leg is OK after all Lynn, and the doctors is going to look after him from now on.
Gone very overcast and dark, I would think rain is imminent, as long as it hasn't poured down all day I'll let it rain for a while after tea
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Looks like rain may be imminent here too. Glad you got Joel's leg sorted and it is being looked after by your local doctor Lynn.

So horribly muggy again, hope we do get a storm.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >