View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Thanx guys for the coat tips ... I've had heavy coated dogs for nigh on 20 years but never knew that!, Tried the paddling pool idea but neither Hal, Ben or tai would go anywhere near it and yet all 3 would launch themselves with gay abandon into the sea, lakes, rivers and canals!! Mad dogs!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Thank you griff.
Niki Dillon doesn't like the sea a paddling pool except to drink from it but does like rivers he can paddle in.
He tolerates a wet towel being slung over him rarely lays on one though.

Mark has sent some photos of the house Joel lives in well I am not being horrible but that baby will be better off not being born and not having to live there it's filthy. Mark is fuming.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Lynn, you aren't being horrible at all...sad thing is that it seems those who can have children are often the ones who really don't deserve them
Tumbleweed...nice and toasty in your conservatory then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Mark has just said he thinks its born it wasn't due till September I think.
They will need to get and keep that house in order if it is a prem baby hopefully they will be checking everything out scrupulously. Also keeping a check if and when they allow it home.
The photos Mark has sent are truly disgusting none of us would keep our dogs in those conditions let alone children. He has never stepped over the threshold before today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 03:16 PM
No the girls aren't keen on paddling pools either, Nikki, but lots of their offspring and offspring's offspring love them. In a a shaded area they splash around happily. The girls love the river, apart from Cariad who will go in up to her knees when its very hot, but otherwise will paddle and get her feet wet, and thats it. The coat acts as insulation, so in the cold it prevents heat escaping and in the heat it prevents them overheating. Mine have been shedding their undercoat for a couple of weeks now, and couldn't understand why, but of course if it is going to be warm for a while now, they will want to get rid of the stuff that keeps them warm and opt for the top layer that keeps them cool.
Lynn, I hope that something is sorted for Joel and he doesn't have to go back there if its in a mess. Takes minutes to wipe the worktops and put a mop over the floor, wipe paintwork down while you've got a cloth in your hands. Poor baby, maybe the Social Services should see the piccies perhapsm give them a wake up call.
Barry is there no way to keep the conservatory cool, thats stifling!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2016, 03:18 PM
i would think that the health visitor would be going round....i know my friend used to have the health visitor out weekly but not sure if that is because she is a single mum or if everyone gets that nowadays?? she also had Prem twins, she didn't have anyone come to her house until after she returned home and that was just a health visitor....hopefully someobdy will step in and get things sorted out now....makes you wonder about Social Services though....yes we all have a past and we all deserve a second chance but to be honest you would have thought that somebody would have wanted to see her about Joels attendance at the very least and i know you said he has been in dirty clothes before...why has noone except you and his dad being aking questions?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Mark is considering it June not sure whether he will or not though. I said if you do also mention the lack of care re: the leg. It is infected that's why he is happy he is coming here apart from the administering of medication to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Joel is a lucky boy having you looking out for him and i know the baby is nothing to do with any of you but personally i would make an anonymous phone call if needs be...poor little s*d needs someone looking out for it. Does she not have a mum and dad?? or her partner...does he not have family, if they do and they know what is going on then that is abysmal
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2016, 03:27 PM
TW, forgot to say, i had a look in our sainsburys the other day for painkillers....nope nothing! not even a gap on the shelf now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2016, 03:29 PM
She does have a mum and dad not sure if she see's her dad she use to then they became estranged. She has been estranged from her mum for years both useless articles as parents to be honest.
He has parents well a mum. I was told she is/was a social worker can't see that myself because surely things would of changed by now. She is probably a receptionist.
Makes me wonder how she feels having her grandchildren living there. If I was back in Harlow Joel would be at mine more than his home. Properly fed a few times a week making sure his uniform and clothes were clean.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >