View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2016, 08:21 AM
Been a busy weekend and forgot to tell you that Saturday when we returned to the car park in Fakenham we saw a dog in the back of a car. All windows wound down about 3-4 inches. Not sure how long it had been there. It seemed fine sitting on the back seat but it was getting very hot as it was coming up for 12'ish.
We checked the car park ticket which had 20 mins left so we hung around keeping an eye on the dog and to make sure they arrived back when the ticket run out.
The car park ticket checker turned up and by then the dog was stretching its neck to get some air from the opening in the window. I spoke to the attendant and he said he couldn't get involved but gave me some tips. I did ask would he ignore it if it was in distress he said no if I felt it was in distress I would put a window through.
Then the owners turned up with seconds to spare on their ticket. The attendant was stood speaking to them for ages so I hope he was giving them a lecture on not to leave dogs in cars in warm weather.
When we knew the dog was safe we drove off.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 08:51 AM
http://www.northlancing.org/web%20pa...ppy%202011.htm

Latest on website.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Poor doggy, it makes me so angry.
My faux pas of the day ...... the decorator comes on his motor bike and changes in our spare bedroom. This is also where I keep my ironing and washing ready to be put away. I've just been putting things away and thought I don't remember Brian having a T shirt that colour. Then I put his jeans in the drawer and thought why is his belt still on these jeans. That is when it clicked ..... I was tidily putting Gerry's things away!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Nippy Jen I keep putting my underwear in Gorden's underwear drawer.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Oh Nippy that made me chuckle. I have just had an email sent to me for my train card and it said click on renew so I duly did only for it to say pay now. I don't pay as it is free instead of a bus pass. So rang them and they said ring the council. Which I have done and it is on its way via a code that I will be given to go through it all again. No wonder my phone bill is high just because emails are not straight forward in what they say.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Hello all,
Rosie looks all shiney and smells beautiful now
She wasn't very impressed when we first left her but was excited when we picked her up. And she liked Tony the groomer too he bought his cocker Misty along. Rosie was a bit tense at first when we were waiting for the shop doors to open, ( he was waiting too, Victoria the owner was a few minutes late this morning ) but he gave me some great tips, to relax her. Lovely guy they took some pics so will show them as soon as she's put them on her page
Lol Nippy that made me smile bet your bungalow will look fabulous
Moyra glad you are feeling better today, hope you have a good day
Lynn that poor dog really annoys me when people leave their dogs in cars, just don't understand why people need to take their dogs if you are going to leave them stuck in the cars.
Griff sending hugs,
Brenda it annoys me when you don't get proper information, I just had to sort the child benefit again, even though I'd done it not long ago. I had to ring them, was on for ages till someone answered , will say was very helpful once I'd got through. Because Lauryn still is in education, I have to re-submit the info every year now.
Hope everyone has a good day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Sounds Lovely Nippy....Lol@you tidying away the decorators clothes
Lynn, i did that in hombase, an old woman had left her staff in the car, we went to p@h to tell them to put out an announcement...they have no PA?? went into homebase and a member of staff came out and she agreed it was bang out of order but she thought she knew whose the car was, turns out the woman was a regular who did it all the time...red rag to a bull...i went mental, even worse was she could take the dog into both shops!!!
Brenda, how annoying about the email....you would think they would tie the two things up. The disease i have is very very complicated, that is why i have to go to the hospital so much and the Drs...well i just live there, i feel very lucky to have lasted this long, i live each day as if it is my last...now if there is something i want to do i do it, if i want to say something, i say it even when it means i get hurt...like now
Awwww bless little rosie being all beautiful and clean and shiny, deags rolled in fox poo again today as did kota....the pair have now been bathed, dirty little urchins
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Problem is Mandy because the phone calls are usually premium rate numbers it makes you wonder if it is worth it. Griff you speak your mind. No good bottling it all up. Just read that some grotty people have nicked special paving slabs from a memorial garden near here. How they did it quietly goodness knows. Nothing sacred these days. Waiting for neighbours to come on then going to be really lazy and read. I wonder where June is? Bfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Came on for a read whilst I had breakfast, did some phone calls and then got the girls out before it got too warm. Sun has never really come out, so a bit of a waste of time, very warm and did the walks with just t shirt,cargo pants and trainers, which made such a change from this time last week.
Was like a wet rag when we got back and then straight out to fill up with LPG, which cost the princely sum of £8.50. Now home, showered, had a butty and cup of tea, watched news and now Red Rock, which is still confusing Girls laid outside with citronella candles and lavender candles burning to keep the flies down. Now need to put the umbrella up as sun never burnt through the clouds.
Managed to make quite a lot of progress with Zen as regards grooming her, and the raggy side is looking a heck of a lot better, still a bit lame on her offside fore and nearside hind. Shall I stop the Arnica now Brenda, she's only had one so far today as not sure if to keep up with them if she is still limping but obvious not as much in pain
Brenda have been on a site called saynoto0870 as it gives you the landline and freephone number equivalent of premium rate numbers
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Brenda, it is disgusting, down here people rob off babies graves!!!! hope karma gets them
TW, pleased Zen seems to be coming on
been to the hospital...managed to get myself discharged from that dept...yay for me!!! i have also lost a stone in weight...brilliant
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >