register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Philip Hammond is Chancellor, but its saying George Osborne has been sacked as opposed to saying he had resigned when I last looked
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Oh well good riddance either way.
I am watching a thing on BBC2 Exodus about the immigrants. It is heartbreaking what they go through. What I would like to know is who feeds the information that makes them think they can just breeze across the European borders into the UK which seems their preference to earn money and make a better life. They make these dangerous arduous journeys only to find there are so many obstacles in their way.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2016, 08:52 PM
The majority of them seem to be young men, which is very disturbing to me. There are so many cases of these people being responsibe for attacks on women. Recently I have noticed what looks like many Somali men in my area, last week a young mother was pushing her baby in a buggy with her little boy by her side, they went home via the underpass, in daylight, on the way home, she was followed and attacked, her leggings and underwear pulled down, she escaped by screaming in his face and he took off. All this was witnessed by her son, fortunately the attacker is on cctv which has been circulated and a member of the public alerted the police, who have found him and arrested him. This is just the start if we let these people in our country. Over in Manchester leaflets have been pushed through people's doors asking them not to walk their dogs in the area to keep it 'pure' because Muslim families live in the area. I don't want to live in my country in fear of Middle East values taking over
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2016, 08:59 PM
It's a minefield June.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2016, 09:09 PM
I know, its quite scary when I'm out and walking past these guys. Their eyes are everywhere. Was walking across Asda carpark and there was a bloke sat with his massive gorgeous long haired GSD and they were looking back at him and talking amongst themselves. I know they are scared of dogs, so thats all good for me, as the only time I am not with the girls is if I am out shopping or in the car, and I activate the door locks nowadays. But it wasn't comfortable to see what they were doing.Women, to them, are an easy target and they obviously feel they are at liberty to behave in a way thats unacceptable in England, we have let them in, we have sown the wind and its us normal everyday people that will reap the whirlwind
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2016, 09:43 PM
HELLO!
It's only me - join hands and contact the living!
Back from hospital this evening, weak but still drawing breath. Have just spent the last hour with hot tea in a huge mug, sat on one of my favourite rocks. Starring out over a beautiful sunset, surrounding by leaping, deleriously happy dogs.
Came down home about quarter to ten, was carefully supervised and extremely well wrapped up. The Mem has been a star throughout all this, I am the luckiest of men.
My thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and encouragement (all carefuly relayed to me by the Mem). It is possible to make a decent recovery from this and I will do my level best. Fortunately Doctors say I am as strong as an ox (even if also about as stubborn) so with care will be reasonably OK.
Please excuse me if I'm not about much for I am finding even this little bit tiring but I will be about.
Thanks again everyone! G. X
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Thank goodness you're OK and still breathing LG. You had us all worried about you. Fortunately St Peter was wise enough to turn you away from the Pearly Gates and 'Im Downstairs didn't want you either, so I suppose living was your only option.
Have a nice early night and a lie in, till you get yourself back together again and speak to you soon
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Evening everyone
Lag I am very pleased to see that you are back with us. I'm pleased that you are getting better. I am sure that the Mem is making sure that you are behaving
TW what you were saying about Zen not liking the turmeric paste, that would be Rosie! The cankur stuff, the nurse said my dog just licked of a spoon, Rosie turned her nose up and I had to mix it in her food
Griff hope the Zovirax works for you.
Moyra glad to see Steve has walked Amber for you
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2016, 10:46 PM
I have some of the Canikur tablets and they love them crunch them up like they are sweeties
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4