Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I have a lil Santa pup in the house, a five year old Westie. And she think's that dancing is natural. In the morning, or when I get home she starts dancing along. On her back legs, spinning, and even using her paws to get attention if it doesn't work. I'm sure given time, treats and affection she could be brought along so well. Shame I wont have the time to do that though. I don't see a problem with HWTM, it's owners spending time with the dogs, where the dogs use their mind and body. Something that some dogs don't get chance to use enough.
Does she really think "dancing is natural"
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow... a lot of people seem to have strong feelings on HTM!

I accidentally watched the show, would normally not watch something like this but I did comment during the show how wonderful the human-dog bond the woman who won and the police woman had!

Did it inspire me to take up HTM? No.

Might it have shown some people who don't normally do anything with their dogs what a dog can achieve? Maybe (I mean achieve training not fame and glory!)

I like the emphasis that rescue dogs were just as trainable as puppies!
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Whilst I appreciate the training that goes into it and the bond between owner and dog, I cannot bear to watch HWTM.

I just find it so twee and the costumes and props just turn me right off.
Callytag
New Member!
Female 

29-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I think you will find that Dogsey members are aware that the correct term is Heelwork to Music, and if you look at post #14 by Minihaha you will see the abbreviation HWTM. HeelWorkToMusic.

Most of us know how much training goes into it, but the fact that some people dislike it is up to them. Personally I dislike it.
As an active member and competitor of the HTM community I can assure you the correct abbreviation is HTM, and if so many members are so au fait with HTM then they would not make the wildly inaccurate statement about not liking seeing dogs dressed up, this is one of the most basic rules anyone learns about the sport so I can only assume they made the comments out of ignorance of the sport if this is not the case and they are fully conversant with the sport I must assume they are making the comments to deliberately cause mischief, but luckily for us there are a lot more informed people who are more than happy to demonstrate our training methods and would happily invite anyone of you to our clubs to meet the people and our dogs, maybe then you would be more qualified to comment. It is immaterial whether you love or hate HTM, but make sure you know the facts before commenting.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

29-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Callytag View Post
As an active member and competitor of the HTM community I can assure you the correct abbreviation is HTM, nowhere, except by the uninitiated is it officially referred to as HWTM, if you have any doubt please feel free to check on the official KC Website.
It's a moot point what the correct abbreviation is.

One does not need to know the correct abbreviation for doggy dancing, for one to form an opinion on it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2012, 05:06 PM
As an active member and competitor of the HTM community I can assure you the correct abbreviation is HTM, and if so many members are so au fait with HTM then they would not make the wildly inaccurate statement about not liking seeing dogs dressed up, this is one of the most basic rules anyone learns about the sport so I can only assume they made the comments out of ignorance of the sport if this is not the case and they are fully conversant with the sport I must assume they are making the comments to deliberately cause mischief, but luckily for us there are a lot more informed people who are more than happy to demonstrate our training methods and would happily invite anyone of you to our clubs to meet the people and our dogs, maybe then you would be more qualified to comment. It is immaterial whether you love or hate HTM, but make sure you know the facts before commenting.
Hi again.

The dressing up seems to be an issue for you. Its the dancing bit that gets me, most people in fact. Whether or not there are three or four abbreviated letters to it, and whether doggies do indeed get dressed up is immaterial. The owners sure as hell do!! I mean DANCING with a DOG, its a DOG!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

29-12-2012, 05:30 PM
The first section of your post that I highlighted is, in my opinion, not only rather insulting to those Dogsey members who actually do know all about HWTM or HTM [whichever...] but implying that comments were made to deliberately cause mischief is downright rudeness on your part.

You quoted my post therefore I am now responding to the second part that I highlighted.

I did not say that I hate HWTM or HTM [whichever...]. What I actually said was that I dislike it. And whether or not I know the facts is immaterial.

I just do not like doggy dancing.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9