View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Watched it & enjoyed it. LLiked the man who came second best but it wasn't dancing in the true sense. The lady who came third think it was just because the audience admired her for carrying on letting him do it after he became deaf. Agree with Tawney wolf if they were going on dancing the police woman should have come second
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
you would see the same relationship between me and my dogs playing fetch in a feild,
anyone that trys can have an amzing relationship with their dog you dont need to get them to do what they do to achieve it
Exactly so! I know that for truth with my two who are my first and last and only dogs.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I think it's highly unlikely that these dogs are mistreated in training as has been suggested.

Compared to the thousands, maybe millions of dogs that are ignored for most of the day and left, untrained, under exercised, and under stimulated, I think these dogs have a great life.

If it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea but the real shame are all the neglected dogs. There are 5 in my local area that never even leave the house.

This is the biggest non sequitur I have seen in a long while.

Actually though, wrong done on purpose is far far worse then neglect. Poses as respectable .....is not so. And think of how many dogs could be rescued and cared for with all the money and energy and caring that goes into this kind of activity...

Nothing to do with tea either
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Watched it & enjoyed it. LLiked the man who came second best but it wasn't dancing in the true sense. The lady who came third think it was just because the audience admired her for carrying on letting him do it after he became deaf. Agree with Tawney wolf if they were going on dancing the police woman should have come second
As this and other posts show, this is not about relationships between dog and owner but about Fame and Applause and winning a Prise and Getting on the Telly. That is using a dog not benefitting it. Poor dogs that will do anything we ask of them..They deserve better than this cheapening and degrading stuff.
silhouette
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
As this and other posts show, this is not about relationships between dog and owner but about Fame and Applause and winning a Prise and Getting on the Telly. That is using a dog not benefitting it. Poor dogs that will do anything we ask of them..They deserve better than this cheapening and degrading stuff.
Do you think the dogs see it like that? Personally I do not think they give a stuff where they are doing it or what every little motivating factor for their human is. I think they are just enjoying themselves.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2012, 07:39 AM
I didn't watch it but have seen a demonstration at our training club, bought the book and taught Fiji some moves, she loves it her face lights up with joy when we do it, she is totally amazing and picks up on body language, I don't have to say anything. We only do the basics but it is such fun (watched Miranda last night, wonder why I thought of that!)

Our preferred music is Julio, he he.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2012, 08:25 AM
I didn't watch it, purely because it's come from Simon Cowell's production company - I can't bear the hype around X-Factor so was pretty sure I wouldn't like this either!
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2012, 08:31 AM
I can assure you that the winner didn't do it for fame but for the love of her dog.

Lucy and Indie have such a great relationship why should she not show it off? "nothing cheaping and degrading stuff" about it. She would not of done it if Indie didn't love it!

I for one love seeing the relationship with dog and owner and hope to have the same with my dogs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Dawn I have wondered about this particularly when watching some dogs perform routines where they seem to spend ages jumping about on their two hind legs. What is happening to the hip joints taking the body weigh while the dog is jumping for all this time. Will this have implications for those joints later in life?
Hi Mini.
I have read a bit about this in the last few months. From canine physio's and Vets too. Back problems, knee problems seem to be not uncommon in older animals. One such site states that the exaggerated obedience movements and positions are also causing problems.

This site also states agility and flyball as "high risk."

http://www.vipvetphysio.co.uk/workingdogs.html
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
I did watch it ,there again will watch anything that's got dogs in it each to there own in my book
My sentiments exactly

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
For those watching maybe but for the dog I believe it's about love and one to one attention from their owner. I see nothing degrading or cheapening in it.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Hi Mini.
I have read a bit about this in the last few months. From canine physio's and Vets too. Back problems, knee problems seem to be not uncommon in older animals. One such site states that the exaggerated obedience movements and positions are also causing problems.

This site also states agility and flyball as "high risk."

http://www.vipvetphysio.co.uk/workingdogs.html
When we adopted Pepsi she was being taught to walk on all fours because for some reason she would only walk on her hind legs when on lead. Unless she is in a harness she still will only walk on her hind legs.
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >