View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-12-2012, 05:21 PM
you would see the same relationship between me and my dogs playing fetch in a feild,
anyone that trys can have an amzing relationship with their dog you dont need to get them to do what they do to achieve it
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I think it's highly unlikely that these dogs are mistreated in training as has been suggested.

Compared to the thousands, maybe millions of dogs that are ignored for most of the day and left, untrained, under exercised, and under stimulated, I think these dogs have a great life.

If it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea but the real shame are all the neglected dogs. There are 5 in my local area that never even leave the house.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed that, brilliant

Brian has just told Pepsi that training starts tomorrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2012, 09:04 PM
I really enjoyed it and the choice of winner would have been mine, was surprised about the bloke coming second, I thought he was excellent, but not really a doggy dancer, more of a trainer, and I thought he was the most interesting person there, I would have picked the policewoman as second.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I am another that does not like Dogs dancing, do not think its natural..........I would rather watch agility, or sheep dog trails..
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-12-2012, 09:24 PM
I watched.
I was pleased to hear that all the people taking part had been assesed and had good home conditions for their dogs.

It can get extremely hot for dogs under studio lighting and the ones who were in that for the longest were in fact the judges dogs

No dressing up (Apart from a decorative collar) which pleased me, I don't much care for dogs in all kinds of weird costumes, the odd photo with a hat is one thing but not complete outfits.

It's a shame we have to have all the razz matazz of show business, strip that out and it seemed to me the dogs were happy and doing something they liked doing.

I'm not really bothered about picking a winner, they were all winners in my book.

Maybe not every ones cup of tea but as Shane has said there are far worse things that people do to their dogs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed that, brilliant

Brian has just told Pepsi that training starts tomorrow

It's odd but as soon as the programme started our two wanted to go out
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I did watch it ,there again will watch anything that's got dogs in it each to there own in my book
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Callytag View Post
For your information handlers are NOT allowed to dress their dogs up in Heelwork to Music (the correct term for Doggy Dancing), they can only wear a dressed collar, and the fact that you made the comment infers that you have not actually any real idea about the sport, never watched the sport or seen how the training is done and how much fun and stimulation the dogs get.
For your information, you are correct, I have no real idea about HTM at all, because it bores me. Am I bothered
silhouette
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
I am another that does not like Dogs dancing, do not think its natural..........I would rather watch agility, or sheep dog trails..
I prefer watching agility too however can't see how going threw weave poles, over A frames etc is any more natural? It could be argued sheepdog trials aren't that natural either hell domestic animals in general could be considered unnatural.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »