Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 12:26 AM

Raw Eggs

I'm so proud! Moxie ate her first whole raw egg by herself yesterday. I usually have to break it for her and mash up the shell, but she took the whole egg from my hand, very gently. Dropped it and worked it with her tongue until she had all the insides out. Then she gobbled up the shell! I was so happy!

I love watching dogs use their paws and jaws the way nature intended to eat. She seemed to have quite a good time with the egg. Now I'll have to watch she doesn't steal them from the chicken house!

Do your dogs eat whole raw eggs?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Isla will eat whole raw eggs, but she has a horrible habit of dropping them not long after receiving them (all due to Kongs and Busy Buddies me thinks!), so the egg goes all over the kitchen floor!

When the weather is warm she's given them whole and takes them outside to eat, but for now it's smashed in her bowl!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-03-2007, 05:53 AM
I always break them into their bowls... otherwize they'd make a right ole mess on the floor
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:16 AM
well my girl doesn't really like the shell so i break em up for her but my boy does like it and I taught him how to break his own eggs - wait for it! - in his bowl! He never makes a mess with them bless him and it is so sweet to watch lol
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 08:11 PM
I taught him how to break his own eggs - wait for it! - in his bowl!
WOW! Whats your secret! I have to mop the floor after every meal with Moxie.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
WOW! Whats your secret! I have to mop the floor after every meal with Moxie.
wellll...I just gave him the eggs in his bowl and everytime he went to take one out to break it I put it back until he realised he must break it over the bowl...It didn't take to long to sink in actually and he does this automatically now on his own sometimes he may just need a reminder but mostly he is very good at it!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 08:33 PM
china eats hers out of the bowl - i just kept putting it back in now she breaks it with her teeth and slurps up all the gooey egg - shes not a fan of shells though!
madhouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I have to mash the shells into Odi's dinner, otherwise, he picks them out and very gently puts them on the floor, so he can eat the rest
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Tried Ollie once with the the whole egg he dropped it then laid in it and his coat was a terrible mess so he now has it broken into a bowl.
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Never given Max a raw egg, are they good for dogs then? eating the shell! think ill have to try him at tea time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >