Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 12:24 PM

Photoshop corrupt exe file please help

Was happily using photoshop, well when I say happilly, I was using it trying (and failing may I add) to find a red eye removal tool to...well removce red eyes on some photos.

Anyway got frustrated (not like me ) as everything froze so switched pc off and back on then when I try to open Photoshop again it gives me a whole load of warning messages and errors

Photoshop.exe corrupt file.
The file or directory\documents and settings\Lynne\Application data\Adobe\Adobe photoshop CS3\Adobe photoshopCS3 settings\actions palette.psp is corrupt and unreadable Please run the chkdsk utilities

followed by
The file or directory\Program files\common files\Adobe\backupcaps.db is corrupt and unreadable Please run the chkdsk utilities

Then the same message again

The file or directory\Program files\common files\Adobe\backupcaps.db is corrupt and unreadable Please run the chkdsk utilities

WTF????

And er I don't actually still have the discs etc so can anyone help advise and what happened and why??

Please help
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2008, 12:31 PM
That sounds just like what happened with my photoshop. I couldn't get the thing to start and like you I never had the discs (blush) to re-install.

I shut down the PC / restarted it and it was fine again though.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
That sounds just like what happened with my photoshop. I couldn't get the thing to start and like you I never had the discs (blush) to re-install.

I shut down the PC / restarted it and it was fine again though.
Have tried that Phil and still same though I have actually managed to open a pic in it and its letting me edit it and resave it so am just gonna do everything I need to before shutting down here's hoping it doesnt freeze.

Its amazing how you can never find these discs when you need to reinstall isn't it
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Have tried that Phil and still same though I have actually managed to open a pic in it and its letting me edit it and resave it so am just gonna do everything I need to before shutting down here's hoping it doesnt freeze.

Its amazing how you can never find these discs when you need to reinstall isn't it
Try for an update Lynne, you get them free, if you can't, do a system restore.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Try for an update Lynne, you get them free, if you can't, do a system restore.

Ok that sounds like a plan

Next question......How would I do that? Er....either part or both

I.e. How would I do an update and if necessary how would I do System restore?? Use spydoctor windows XP pro and have a firewall but not sure what one

I am the least technical person you will ever be likely to meet and Stuart is far too engrossed in some stupid game in England with 22 idiots running about a big grass park after a ball
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Ok that sounds like a plan

Next question......How would I do that? Er....either part or both

I.e. How would I do an update and if necessary how would I do System restore?? Use spydoctor windows XP pro and have a firewall but not sure what one

I am the least technical person you will ever be likely to meet and Stuart is far too engrossed in some stupid game in England with 22 idiots running about a big grass park after a ball
To do a system restore click on start, click on all progs, click on accessories, click on system tools, and it's right at the bottom of the drop-down menu, choose an earlier date, perhaps two weeks then click restore.

Photoshop udates, start PS then click help, then click, on-line.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 01:47 PM
To do a system restore click on start, click on all progs, click on accessories, click on system tools, and it's right at the bottom of the drop-down menu, choose an earlier date, perhaps two weeks then click restore.

Thanks Denis!!

Will try that in a moment am just finishing sorting red eyes which I have now discovered how to do!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Ok Have found photoshop online and found updates under product updates there are hundreds!!!

Is there anything in particular I am looking for??
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok Have found photoshop online and found updates under product updates there are hundreds!!!

Is there anything in particular I am looking for??
Take everything Lynne you may have to reboot after the downloads but you'll notice PS will be a lot better.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Take everything Lynne you may have to reboot after the downloads but you'll notice PS will be a lot better.
Sh have just realised I only have to download the cs3 stuff!!! That is right isn't it????

Am downloading something with winzip as we speak!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >