View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2007, 08:31 PM

Lovely Evening At Ringcraft & Yummy Jaffa Cakes!!

I went along to the first night of ringcraft held at the local village hall. As I mentioned on a previous thread, the local society has just moved to the village hall up the road to me, took around 10 minutes to walk there

I took Tawny as I hadn't trimmed or tidied Bradley up and I don't like to take them out if they aren't looking dapper. I popped Tawny in the shower just before we went, which she wasn't too happy about but she did like being blow-dried afterwards

It was lovely meeting up with people I hadn't seen in ages, Tawny was a very good girl, a bit apprehensive at first as I haven't taken any of them out anywhere, but she soon got in the swing of things and was standing like a rock for me, she moved beautifully too

A woman was there with GSP, she breeds them (it was a docked puppy), and she said she works them. Anyway, she wanted to know all about Tawny's breeding, she said she thought she was absolutely stunning and was green with envy, how nice of her to say that about my princess

Then, to make the evening even better, I won a prize in the raffle, a three packet box of Jaffa Cakes, mmmm one of my favourite treats, one packet has been demolished already, (I did get a lot of help!!) and I don't know how long I can last out until another one disappears

So, a lovely evening was had by myself and Tawny, she took great delight in being very aloof with all the others as they wanted to have a good sniff of her, she'd been out with mummy and she wasn't mixing with the riff raff you know

I'm looking forward to next week now, I shall get Bradley all gorgeous and take him along for some practice.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Glad you had a good time and doesn't it make you proud when people admire your dog.
Well done on winning the jaffa cakes worth going just for that.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Glad you and Tawny enjoyed the ringcraft and that the three packets of Jaffa Cakes were a bonus. It makes you feel good when people asdmire your dog you must be so proud of Tawny. Hope Bradders gets the admiiration next week - if not you could have sa bit of rivalry here.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Oh well done Sheree and Tawny - glad the princess enjoyed herself as well. And Jaffa cakes - woohoo!

Not surprised Tawny was admired - she is a beaut!

Bet Bradley knocks them all out next week!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Sounds like you and Tawny had a great evening - its great that you've got somewhere so close to go.

As the others have said, I'm not surprised that they all admired Tawny so much; just wait till they see Bradley next week (and I'm looking forward to hearing what he will think of the evening out too)
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks so much everyone, there'd been a few ructions at home so I needed to get out for an hour or so (will be writing about it soon).

It was so nice to meet up with people I've known for years and see how their dogs were progressing and all the new babies that were there for training.

And as for princess, she did indeed make me very proud, I can't wait to take Bradley next week, I'm sure he's going to love it, especially as there is a 10 month old English Setter girlie there, and a baby Westie (he likes Westies )
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh i'm so glad she was well behaved for you, Maddy was excellent on her walk this morning, we saw her old friend Jade who we have missed all the summer hols off school, and I wasn;t sure if she'd have forgotten her and start her usual 'mouthing off' but she was excellent! And she let a black lab sniff her bum while she was onlead!

I really want to get Maddy back into ringcraft, I miss showing soooooo much, i'm itching to get back in but she id just not ready. I am sooooooo tempted to bring in another weimy for show, well that's my excuse anyway! :smt002 :smt002

Well done Tawny for being so good for mummy and well done on the raffle! I remember my first ringcraft and I won on the raffle.............a can of air freshener! :smt043
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Oh i'm so glad she was well behaved for you, Maddy was excellent on her walk this morning, we saw her old friend Jade who we have missed all the summer hols off school, and I wasn;t sure if she'd have forgotten her and start her usual 'mouthing off' but she was excellent! And she let a black lab sniff her bum while she was onlead!

I really want to get Maddy back into ringcraft, I miss showing soooooo much, i'm itching to get back in but she id just not ready. I am sooooooo tempted to bring in another weimy for show, well that's my excuse anyway! :smt002 :smt002

Well done Tawny for being so good for mummy and well done on the raffle! I remember my first ringcraft and I won on the raffle.............a can of air freshener! :smt043
Aww, any excuse for a new baby

I bet my raffle prize was more enjoyable than yours
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Jaffa cakes - where ???
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:46 PM
sound like a perfect evening all round!