View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh, how exceedingly rude! I would have cut that shop assistant's conversation dead...... as for the bloke in the queue, well, a sharp kick on the ankle would have told him.

Rudeness makes me so cross, and if I come across it, I'm in there like a whippet (no pun intended)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh, how exceedingly rude! I would have cut that shop assistant's conversation dead...... as for the bloke in the queue, well, a sharp kick on the ankle would have told him.

Rudeness makes me so cross, and if I come across it, I'm in there like a whippet (no pun intended)
Lol, actually when I got home I was so cross with myself for not doing or saying more.
I suppose that is where this country is really going wrong, we don't complain enough.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 07:32 PM
OMG - don't get me started either. Rudeness drives me mad.
What drives me particularly mad (amongst lots of other things) is that I have taught my 12 year old manners - me and OH are very hot on this, but I just wonder why we bother. He will quite often step aside, open a door, stuff like that - only to be completely ignored by the person he has done it for (and I have to say it is nearly always an old person) Drives me insane and makes me wonder why we bothered.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol, actually when I got home I was so cross with myself for not doing or saying more.
I suppose that is where this country is really going wrong, we don't complain enough.
My OH says you've clearly never been shopping with me then He thinks I complain too much whereas he never does

Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
OMG - don't get me started either. Rudeness drives me mad.
What drives me particularly mad (amongst lots of other things) is that I have taught my 12 year old manners - me and OH are very hot on this, but I just wonder why we bother. He will quite often step aside, open a door, stuff like that - only to be completely ignored by the person he has done it for (and I have to say it is nearly always an old person) Drives me insane and makes me wonder why we bothered.
I always say "the word you're looking for is Thank you" , What is it with old people and their lack of manners when they're are the first to complain that youngsters have none
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Don't even get me started. Will take me far too long to type my thoughts, especially this week
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
On the other end of the scale what gets me is the clients/customers who stand at reception happily chatting away on their mobile whilst you try to serve them! Then they get grumpy when you're not going fast enough, when really you're waiting for them to enter their fricking pin
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I was having a chat with Charlie about this today.

I pulled up outside some houses to pick him up from school and three older women got out of the house to go get in their car.... they were looking to see who had dared park outside their house lol.

They were looking at him like he was a thug, yes he's 6ft 2 with long hair and a face like a wet weekend but that's normal for him lol.
Charlie said 'Those ladies are staring at me'.
When they saw him get in my car, I said to him 'Smile at them you may be surprised', so we smiled, and they smiled back and let us pull away first.

I told him I always try to say hello to people if I'm out walking etc. You'd be surprised how many people I now know by sight just from saying hello and smiling. So I've challenged him to do it too, to challenge people preconceptions of teenagers, coz he is a big kind softie underneath that greasy mop lol.

I just can't abide rudeness or prejudice and that man wouldn't have ignored me in the queue for long.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
that reminds me of last week when kids get in from college straight upstairs then OH in from work straight in the garden not a hello mum or hello wife !!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i left the paper open on the property and page and circled a nice little flat .....told them all i might as well live alone to be ignored
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I thought it was "where's wally" but "where's nippy" is more appropiate xxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
I thought it was "where's wally" but "where's nippy" is more appropiate xxxxx
Poo pah