Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-11-2015, 02:56 PM

Sorry about the downtime!

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry about the downtime... I was upgrading the forum and it took forever, and then I accidentally deleted 60,000 posts whoops!

So I have had to restore our database to one that was two days old so we are missing two days worth of posts (and any new members that signed up in that time) sorry

You might also notice some weird layout issues - I am working to fix these

PS, I have changed the post read system to keep track via the database - so some sections might be showing as having unread posts... it just means there are (some older) threads there with posts you haven't read. It should normalise after a few days tho (but if you want to mark forums as read, you can click this link: Dog Forum at Dogsey - the worlds largest dog forum! )
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Azz, to not lose the lot was a good outcome so do not knock yourself you have done a good job. xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2015, 07:02 PM
You're okay Azz, I was wondering where my thread about Bunny's ear went. Don't worry about it!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-11-2015, 07:39 PM
I'm so glad you guys are understanding
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
.. I was upgrading the forum and it took forever, and then I accidentally deleted 60,000 posts whoops!
Had it been me it would have been everything I'll take it that the forunm did actually need upgrading, it has been my experience that when ever I do an 'upgrade' that is when things go wrong.

Right now that nice Mr. Gates wants me to upgrade to Windows 10.........No way, there's bound to be problems, and on top of that he will have changed the way my screen looks and I've only just got used tot he way it looks now

Luckily I've a nice computer lady who will take care of it for me
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Get a Mac instead Harvey - you'll kick yourself later wondering why you hadn't done it earlier
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Get a Mac instead Harvey - you'll kick yourself later wondering why you hadn't done it earlier
20 years ago I worked for an American company, they had PC's with Windows from MS and also Mac's the guy who used the Mac said the same thing to me but my desk had the PC with MS Windows. I often wonder if I should have listened to him

By the way, why can't I edit this thread

I mistakenly wrote Zuckerburg above when of course it should Gates (Was just testing you all )
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Lol no probs, I have edited it for you

Well it's never too late to get a Mac - I was adament that I wouldn't, but after they released the iPod they became popular enough to be viable, now, they are probably just as widespread as PCs if you exlude offices with 'admin' PCs
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-11-2015, 09:26 PM
I have edited it for you

Well it's never too late to get a Mac - I was adament that I wouldn't, but after they released the iPod they became popular enough to be viable, now, they are probably just as widespread as PCs if you exlude offices with 'admin' PCs
Thanks Azz, wouldn't want some one to come back weeks from now and tell me I got it wrong

I feel for you over the 'builder' fiasco, have had a bit of that as well, leaves a nasty taste and unmentionable thoughts go through my mind

Pleased to read that you are better heath wise, long may it continue.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thanks Azz, wouldn't want some one to come back weeks from now and tell me I got it wrong

I feel for you over the 'builder' fiasco, have had a bit of that as well, leaves a nasty taste and unmentionable thoughts go through my mind

Pleased to read that you are better heath wise, long may it continue.
Thanks Harvey.

I'm glad the fiasco is over too, well I hope so anyway ...something tells me I doubt we get the '£20 a week!'
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >