View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Rosie is fast asleep in her bed now too, after rearranging it to suit her, cos I did t do it right
Glad the underlay dried for you Brenda
I'm sat in front of the Tv now
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Evenin' all to quote Dixon of Dock Green. Showing my age......
Lazy Sunday.
Walked a lot as usual. Round the local school, down the diagonal, round the basket ball court, home via the local convenience store. An hour and a bit.

Later, went to the bottle bank. It's about a half hour stroll each way and across quite a busy road but Max does the "wait" and "cross" like a well disciplined child.

Had neighbour Lovely Liz drop in for a cuppa with my Missus. And a natter.
I generally stay out of that. Girly gossip, Liz gets to share/offload some of her woes, and my dear wife is a good listener.

So I headed out. For the fourth walk of the day. I know I keep saying it but his behaviour when we are out and about is exemplary. Out the front door, tell him left or right or just a nod in the direction. No lead and usually no verbal commands needed. I take different routes for a bit of variety and he may glance back in my direction to make sure he is going the right way.

Enough.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2017, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Evenin' all to quote Dixon of Dock Green. Showing my age......
Lazy Sunday.
Walked a lot as usual. Round the local school, down the diagonal, round the basket ball court, home via the local convenience store. An hour and a bit.

Later, went to the bottle bank. It's about a half hour stroll each way and across quite a busy road but Max does the "wait" and "cross" like a well disciplined child.

Had neighbour Lovely Liz drop in for a cuppa with my Missus. And a natter.
I generally stay out of that. Girly gossip, Liz gets to share/offload some of her woes, and my dear wife is a good listener.

So I headed out. For the fourth walk of the day. I know I keep saying it but his behaviour when we are out and about is exemplary. Out the front door, tell him left or right or just a nod in the direction. No lead and usually no verbal commands needed. I take different routes for a bit of variety and he may glance back in my direction to make sure he is going the right way.

Enough.
But an addendum late at night.
A number of dog problem issues get aired here. And that's good. Dog owners looking for advice from those with experience and there are those here with professional experience. Problem solvers. Shared advice. Excellent.

But it makes me appreciate how lucky we got without the ailments others here have reported. Of course he gets all his medication, fed and walked, regularly professionally groomed, and just totally spoiled rotten..............

Still a few quirks but getting fewer. He now doesn't bark when I'm on the phone but still sometimes does when the shower is turned on. Yark if he wants food.

He'll woof if he hears something going outside - a warning bark. Not about to change that guard dog mode. And he is protective if another dog gets too close to my dear wife or I.

Yep. A keeper.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2