View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Forgive my ignorance as I dont know what breed Maddy is, as she had any tests in particular the TLI for EPI, or any feceal examinations? to check for inflamatory conditions.

Which CSJ food was it the chicken? chicken is 1 of the top ten allergans in dogs.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
Forgive my ignorance as I dont know what breed Maddy is, as she had any tests in particular the TLI for EPI, or any feceal examinations? to check for inflamatory conditions.

Which CSJ food was it the chicken? chicken is 1 of the top ten allergans in dogs.
Yes when we found out about the colitis she had had faecal, urine and blood tests, we were in and out of the vets for a good while before she was sorted. There's quite a few things which make her flare up immediately but chicken isn't one of them, she has raw chicken breasts and wings e.t.c. quite often with no problems. She was on 'That'll Do' which is chicken and rice, however, she was fine on it for about 10 months.

It's the development of an intolerance to the food after so long that I am worried about, i'm worried she could develop intolerances to anything I put her on over a period of time.
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi I was just asking because Allergic reactions are most commonly associated with protein sources - usually the meat in your dog's food.
My GSD who is allergic to meat didnt start untill he was 2yrs old, with chicken turkey and white fish he had eaten most of his life and developed reactions to these when he was 2 1/2yrs, shortest time a food as been fed was 12wks others took many months upto a year. Currently he is on Skinners Duck and as been fed this since Nov 2007 (8mths) so far ok, but I may have to start looking at the vegetarian/vegan options next.
1 thing I have tried which seems to help them digest there food better is Udo's oil, its a vegetarian oil containing omegas 3,6 & 9 I put 2.5ml in each meal you can buy from the health shop in the fridge section, it was recommended to me by George Burns the holstic health person from Scotland, brother of the dog food guy John Burns.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
Hi I was just asking because Allergic reactions are most commonly associated with protein sources - usually the meat in your dog's food.
My GSD who is allergic to meat didnt start untill he was 2yrs old, with chicken turkey and white fish he had eaten most of his life and developed reactions to these when he was 2 1/2yrs, shortest time a food as been fed was 12wks others took many months upto a year. Currently he is on Skinners Duck and as been fed this since Nov 2007 (8mths) so far ok, but I may have to start looking at the vegetarian/vegan options next.
1 thing I have tried which seems to help them digest there food better is Udo's oil, its a vegetarian oil containing omegas 3,6 & 9 I put 2.5ml in each meal you can buy from the health shop in the fridge section, it was recommended to me by George Burns the holstic health person from Scotland, brother of the dog food guy John Burns.
Thanks for that, she already gets fish oil in her meals (omega 3) so will have to look into this Udo's as a wee bit extra for her, have seen it advertised I think as it rings a bell.

Forgot to say earlier she's a Weim, almost 3 years old.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Is this the one?

http://www.udoschoice.co.uk/
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
JWB do a decent lamb and veg kibble now, its supposed to be very good. No dairy, wheat or soya at all, perhaps an option?
http://www.wellbeloved.com/products/...le_kibble.aspx
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Is this the one?

http://www.udoschoice.co.uk/
Yes thats the one, if you use it cut the fish oil out as she wont need it.
Pam
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
JWB do a decent lamb and veg kibble now, its supposed to be very good. No dairy, wheat or soya at all, perhaps an option?
http://www.wellbeloved.com/products/...le_kibble.aspx
Cheers Dawn, i'm in the process of moving her over to the turkey and rice which is what she did well on before the CSJ, never knew they had this one so thanks for that, have asked for a free sample.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Maddy is definitely keeping you on your toes, Kel!

Lots of good ideas so far, the fish and potato one sounds like a good try, as does the the lamb and vegetable.

Can I be a dafty and as what is CSJ food, what does it stand for, I mean? (I probably know and just haven't worked it out yet!).
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Maddy is definitely keeping you on your toes, Kel!

Lots of good ideas so far, the fish and potato one sounds like a good try, as does the the lamb and vegetable.

Can I be a dafty and as what is CSJ food, what does it stand for, I mean? (I probably know and just haven't worked it out yet!).
Oh tell me about it, I just get one well and then another one plays up!

CSJ is just CSJ, it's primarily a working food and CSJ stands for the people's names who made it as far as I am aware, originally made for their BCs.

http://www.csjk9.com/feed/original.html
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >