Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 10:04 AM

Best cylinder vacuum for dog hair?

Mine has just died. Are there any decent ones I don`t need a mortgage for?
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I have a VAX pet lover it was £185 but it comes with a 6 year guarantee and picks up hairs like a dream.

I would say avoid Electrolux bagless pet lover my self and a neighbour bought one each and within months it kept getting clogged and eventually the motor died after just 6 months !!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Agree about the electrolux have had 3 all died a death within months, gave up in the end, now have a Henry and as I hate vaccuuming his little face cheers me up!! Also the booster button picks up the hairs!!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Well I was given a Dyson (oldish model) a few months ago and whilst I'm not convinced it's a 100 per cent, maybe due to it's age? it is brilliant at collecting the hairs - I vacuum twice a day (I have 2 German Shedders) due to the dog hairs plus I live in a dust bowl! If I had a larger house I would probably put myself in debit for a newer Dyson model.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-08-2010, 01:25 PM
we have a dyson a older model to its good for picking up all the mess and so but hairs its not great but we also have a vax carpet cleaner and that does the job of 2 hoovers and washes the carpets its the best £100 we spent on a cleaner
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks - I`ve seen some bad reviews for Dysons so have ordered a Henry!
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I think ours is a morphy richards but I'd need to actually look at it to check (I do use it, honestly, just don't read what it says!). Its the best cleaner I've ever had. Beats the dyson by a mile. Hope Henry does the job for you
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I have a Hoover WindTunnel T-Series and I LOVE it! Its the best one I've tried and I've tried just about all of them! Its didn't break the bank either. Not sure they are made in the UK though, but thought I'd share anyway.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 10:17 PM
We have a VAX cylinder hoover, it does pick up the Dougal hair relatively well, but we could do with a better one...we (well I) broke the pet hair attachment...
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Having realised the box of mine is in the room with me we have a Morphy Richards Perform Air Family & Pets. It's fantastic. It picks up labrador shedding hairs and all sorts and I'm the first to admit I don't vaccuum as often as I should!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >