Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 03:11 PM

Great fun on the bank holiday

I've just got back from having a lovely time with the dogs . I expected it to be busy everywhere being a sunny bank holiday but we arrived for a walk through some woods where parking is tight, but just as we drew up, someone was leaving so we got a space to park. Had a lovely walk, dogs chased some deer, we picked blackberries & sloes (sloe gin & blackberry vodka for Xmas pressies). Then with 2 hot & panting dogs we drove down to the coast, found an immediate parking space on a busy road (didn't think we'd be so lucky twice in one day!) & took the dogs for a swim in the sea. I paddled & ended up soaked through but the dogs had a great time & swam quite far out after tennis balls (well gravy bones for Barney ~ he needs a bit more incentive to swim!). Then we got back, hosed the salt water out of the dogs & towelled them dry. We sat in the garden in the sun & had tea & cake, while the dogs amused themselves rough & tumbling together (as they always do after a shower). Then the dogs shared a yoghurt ~ the first time I've tried them with yoghurt ~ they loved it, even though Barney ended up with the pot stuck on his nose

All in all a lovely day. Now I'm going to curl up with a good book, & think about dinner .

Hope everyone else enjoyed their bank hols too
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 03:53 PM
That sounds like a perfect day to me Hope the dogs are suitably exhausted now, glad you had a good day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh yes, it's just the perfect day isn't it Now how come I don't have days like that then and I live in the same place as you do!! There's always something to do around here, either the shopping, the washing, the ironing, plus I've had hubby home from work so I did lunch instead of dinner, and the sun has shone all the way through this boring old day of ours!

Yesterday I had to drive all the way down to St. Leonards on Sea to do a change-over at our holiday van, and I'll be going back again Wednesday to do it all over again I could have done with a nice relaxing day like you, especially that tea and cake to round it off..... so what's for dinner then??!!! I'm on my way......
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Sounds idyllic Wilbar

Chloe and I went down the fields to pick lots of damsons to put in the freezer.
Chloe was disgusted to find the damsons were sour and not sweet like blackerries so she did her usual trick of rolling on them instead of eating them.
Anyone want a Mini with purple patches ?
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Sounds like a perfect day, I want days like that!!

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Sounds idyllic Wilbar

Chloe was disgusted to find the damsons were sour and not sweet like blackerries so she did her usual trick of rolling on them instead of eating them.
I think we all want pics of a purple patched mini!!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh yes, it's just the perfect day isn't it Now how come I don't have days like that then and I live in the same place as you do!! There's always something to do around here, either the shopping, the washing, the ironing, plus I've had hubby home from work so I did lunch instead of dinner, and the sun has shone all the way through this boring old day of ours!

Yesterday I had to drive all the way down to St. Leonards on Sea to do a change-over at our holiday van, and I'll be going back again Wednesday to do it all over again I could have done with a nice relaxing day like you, especially that tea and cake to round it off..... so what's for dinner then??!!! I'm on my way......
Don't worry ~ my Saturday & Sunday were like yours ~ housework, shopping, gardening, even got the curtains down & washed them. That's why I felt we deserved a day off on the Monday! If only I could work a four day week

I take no credit for the cake though ~ my mother's the best cake maker in the world & her lemon drizzle cake is to die for

Dogs were happily exhausted by the evening having rounded off their day with a lamb shank in the garden.

Oh well back to the grindstone this morning
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Sounds lovely Wilbar! and i like the sound of your mum's lemon crizzle cake!

We had a quiet day here, we tend to avoid the bank holiday traffic as much as possible

Wys
x
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Sounds idyllic Wilbar

We picked sloes a couple of weeks ago as well as yesterday & at this other place I was amazed at the size of the sloes. An elderly couple asked us what we were picking & I said sloes for sloe gin & I couldn't believe the huge size of the sloes! The lady said, yes well that's because those sloes are damsons!! We did feel a bit silly ~ fancy not noticing the lack of thorns on the damson trees! But hey ho, sloe & damson gin's probably just as good
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Sounds like you had a fantastic day. I hope next year's late august bank holiday will be nice so I can relax and enjoy it (mind you, I'm planning on starting uni (again) in Sept 11 so I might be moving etc). This year involved trying to sleep (which is easier said than done atm) and trying to keep myself upright long enough to fry hubby some eggs for his sandwiches. He'd wanted them Sunday but it wasn't happening.

Hopefully today will be better. Planning on getting out for a while, even if it's a bus/taxi rather than car journey then working with Poppy on some training and chilling out. Maybe a bit of sleeping in there too (I've been listening to hubby and Poppy snore since 4am!). Also need to make phone calls and sort out some college bits and bobs.

Life is never simple. I wish all days could be like your bank holiday! Did you get any nice pictures of your dogs?

Ali xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
Sounds like a perfect day, I want days like that!!

I think we all want pics of a purple patched mini!!
Oh most definately! Need to have a pic of a purple pin!