View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sky & Joys Dad
New Member!
Male 

03-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Sky was a horror for this! Her own or not,dog or cat poo she wasn't fussy. With her own when we first got her it would land and disappear as quick as she could turn around.Fortunately for us she was(and still is!) a greedy cow. Mixing flaked pineapple into her regular dried food with some water meant she was in such a hurry to eat it that the pineapple went too. We obviously had to put pineapple in Joy's food too,to stop that being attractive. Pineapple worked for us then and i wish you luck now.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by becs721 View Post
Hi, I also have this problem with Ayla but its not her poo she will eat, instead she will go through the bins and get my sons dirty nappy and eat that!! I've tried putting nappied at the very bottom of the bin but she just digs them out.
Any ideas on how to stop this?
Put your bin out the front.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by becs721 View Post
Hi, I also have this problem with Ayla but its not her poo she will eat, instead she will go through the bins and get my sons dirty nappy and eat that!! I've tried putting nappied at the very bottom of the bin but she just digs them out.
Any ideas on how to stop this?
Put your bin out the front of the house.
Aisell
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2012, 12:36 PM
I think this problem occurs in many dogs. My first dog Paco liked to try, but I brought him to the vet & with a drug we can unlearn him. Required consult with your vet!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 12:51 PM
There was an article in the Daily Mail about 4-5 months ago written by Victoria Stillwell. She had recently adopted a dog from one of the rescue centres and it kept on eating poo. She had had the dog for a couple of months as was having trouble stopping it. The article never mentioned if she managed to stop it or not. So it is obviously a tricky one
One of my dogs had a liking for cat poo but fortunately has stopped on his own accord. Good luck because it is a disgusting habit as far as us humans are concerned!!
Sheffilyn
New Member!
Female 

09-06-2013, 06:15 PM
My lab - Charlie - eats human poo which some lovely person regularly produces in our local woods, together with a collection of toilet paper. Having recently had a knee replacement op, I'm not always quick enough to get to him in time to stop him. I feed him on Skinners and (being a greedy lab) he gets loads of other bits eg raw carrots etc. Any suggestions?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure you an stop it...especially where human poo is concerned..unfortunately it's a very common thing for dogs to do. I've had a couple of incidents with mine eating the contents of a nappy or potty before I could get to it.
Sheffilyn
New Member!
Female 

09-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks. I suppose we can live with it; after all, it doesn't seem to be doing him any harm I just need to make sure I don't let him lick us for a few hours afterwards!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3