register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Thinking of you today Nikki. Would you not be better moving the marker to your own house. People are not as nice as they once were and it could end in a very upsetting situation for you. Lots of hugs x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Hi all
Gnasher, sounds like you are going to have a rough day..hugs to you
Lynn, hugs for you too and you Norma...men can be right Divs Lol
Hi to all others, hope you are all o.k?
i am all right, not seen the Dr yet, going thursday...i am trying to look after myself a bit better than i have been
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2016, 04:09 PM
This has me stumped

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 05:09 PM
They'll be lovely for winter thanks very much Barry, just pop them over to me purleese
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Thinking of you today Nikki. Would you not be better moving the marker to your own house. People are not as nice as they once were and it could end in a very upsetting situation for you. Lots of hugs x
Not really!! It is a massive lump of York stone weighing half a ton. The bloke who's buying the place seems a nice guy, I am sure he will be cool about my parents' ashes there - plus my grandmother, two of my aunts, countless dogs and the lovely sweet darling old man who left his beautiful house to us in the 60's. At the end of the day, once the place is his there is absolutely nothing that we can do about it - if he chooses to bulldoze the rose garden and build a house, then that is his legal right. We could always exhume their ashes and move them just a few feet over the boundary wall into the field.

It was very upsetting for me doing my last clean - I am just hoping that I get one more chance to go up there this week and stay over. I will have to go on the train, but my hip's fine now.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
This has me stumped

O fab!! A few thwacks with my trusty log splitter and away the logs go into my log store to season for a few years!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
If Newfies are anything like Bernese forget the fetch game. Very few Bernese play fetch. Not in their dna.
Yes you are right Lynn, following Junes suggestion I did actualy put an old tennis ball in the car when we went to Knetishall today with the intention of trying it on Lara but was half way round when I realised I had left it in the car Oh well it's there for tomorrow but I'm not optimistic of success

Could never get Baruska or Rianna to do the 'fetch' thing but Rianna did like a game of 'tug of war' with one of her toys and on our walks she would often pick up a stick and carry it home
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Dillon is Always up for tug of war Harvey .
Forgot to give him half the previcox at tea time needs to take it with food. He just started worrying round round his paw while laying on the sofa next to Gorden who put his hand over it to stop him and he grumbled at Gorden never done that before. He hasn't done it to me yet but that paw and wrist area must be sore as usually we can do most things to him. Will have to monitor this carefully.
Just fed a few more ounces of food and given him the other half of the tablet.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Was thinking that Newfies being a rescue breed and 'fetching' people and boats, they may be interested in a toy or something, if maybe they will interact together it takes the pressure off you and you can let them do their thing as you walk round and they use up lots energy that way.
Got A Situation coming along on the boil here between Keshi and Cariad (her mum) tonight I was leaning over the door scratching Cariads head, and Kesh came up, and I knew by her body language there was trouble at t'mill. I scratched Keshis head as well, but next minute she was barging Cariad and grumbling, so I grabbed her by the scruff and shook her, and told her not a chance, she backed off, but I knew she would have another go, sure enough she jumped on Cariad's back, making blood curdling noises, by then I had the coal shovel in my hand, and bonked her with it and dragged her off. Brought Cariad into the house for a while on Time Out. Took her back out, and all was quiet, then it kicked off again, sorted them out and an uneasy peace reigns. Best of it was, Zen was there barking at Keshi telling her off, but giving herself room to turn tail and run should Kesh decide to pick on her instead
Cariad doesn't seem to be retaliating at all, she has been grooming Kesh to take over since the day she was up and toddling about, and I have been expecting the time to come when Kesh makes her move, she is 3 now and obviously feels mature enough to step into her mum's shoes, or should I say Paws
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 07:29 PM
You will be on high alert then June till things take their natural course.
People who have two or more Bernese often put up videos of them playing tug of war together. It's very amusing and the noise if you didn't know any better you would swear they were about to kill each other.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >