Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fabi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Can pleurisy in dogs be cured?

Can pleurisy in dogs be cured?
My 10 1/2 faithful girl Karma, is seriously ill right now. We rushed her to the vets this morning as she was sick during the night and was very very low. She couldn't even raise her head.
They xrayed her and found pleurisy. She spent hours in an oxgyen tent and given a opium based medication.

We have her home right now and tomorrow she is to be given, Baytril X2 daily and Prednicare (a lot) over 7 days.
She walked to the back dog, had to be carried down the steps, she tried but stumpled up a small one brick wall. When she did a little toliet, her stool was red and mucus looking. She stood still, back end went down, head hanging and breathing rapid, gums very light going grey, took 2-3 seconds for colour to come back and then she collasped.

Called the vet, and arranged to meet her again.

Carried her inside, placed her on the couch and she is breathing a little easier. Called the vet again, I have decided to leave her be for now and will call the vet again tomorrow. As advised we have given her 3 Prednicare tables.

What should I do? Is this her end, I don't want her to suffer that I couldn't bear, I just want to know the truth and someone to help with a straight answer. It's breaking my heart to see her so limp and not able to move a paw. She hasn't slept for a single minute since she has been home, 4pm-now 11pm Why?

Staying with her tonight to keep an eye on her.
Please help, will she get through this as I have never seen a dog so lethargic and ill and I have been honoured by being the owner of many dogs. I don't want her to suffer as I know she is at the moment. Can she be cured?
Thank you
Fabi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Why wont vets be straight with you?

Karma died at 7am in my arms.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 09:47 AM
oh Fabi I'm so sorry to hear that, but so glad you were with her when she went (((((hugs))))))) to you
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 11:47 AM
So sorry for your loss

Thinking of you,

Dee xx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm so so sorry

Thinking of you all x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Oh no, i am so, so sorry, how cruel.

Take some peace in the fact that her pain was short lived and she died in her best friends arms xxxxxx
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 12:32 PM
fabi i feel so sad for you its heartbreaking....i hope it passed peacefully in his sleep?

did you ask the vet to be straight up with you?,
we use to ask ours to be fully honest and not suger coat it for us....your baby is at peace now xxxx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I am so so sorry, and am thinking of you.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Oh I am so sorry
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm so sorry. Your vet should have been more up front about the seriousness of her condition. I'm sorry you had to go through that. You're love for Karma is so obvious. Run free at the bridge sweet girl.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >